2nd sub navigation (3 level global nav)

Hi all,

Trying to find out how to have multiple level navigation. As it stands I have the main level and a sub level, but I am wanting to have a 3rd level. I’m sure its easy, but I am struggling to locate anything.

Here is the code of the global nav currently:

<!--@@ =============== Global Nav Start =============== @@-->
            <mysource_area id_name="nav" design_area="menu_normal" cache="yes">    
                <mysource_set name="unwanted_asset_types" value="file" />
                <mysource_set name="settings.class.normal" value="normal" />
                <mysource_set name="settings.class.current" value="active" />
                <mysource_set name="settings.class.hierarchy" value="active hierarchy" />
                <mysource_set name="show_subs" value="always" />
                <div id="navbar" class="navbar-collapse collapse">
                    <ul class="nav navbar-nav">
                        <mysource_asset>
                            <li class="<mysource_print var='settings.class' />"><mysource_print var="asset_short_name_linked"/></a>
                                <mysource_sub design_area="menu_normal">
                                    <mysource_set name="unwanted_asset_types" value="file" />
                                    <mysource_set name="settings.class.normal" value="normal" />
                                    <mysource_set name="settings.class.current" value="active" />
                                    <mysource_set name="settings.class.hierarchy" value="active hierarchy" />
                                    <mysource_set name="show_subs" value="always" />
                                    <ul class="dropdown-menu dropdown-menu-hover">
                                        <mysource_asset>
                                            <li class="<mysource_print var='settings.class' />"><mysource_print var="asset_short_name_linked"/></a></li>
                                        </mysource_asset>
                                    </ul>
                                </mysource_sub>
                            </li>
                        </mysource_asset>
                    </ul>
                </div><!--.navbar-collapse-->
            </mysource_area>
            <!--@@ =============== Global Nav End =============== @@-->

(Tim Davison) #2

See how you’ve nested the mysource_sub inside to get the second level? To get the third you just nest another mysource_sub inside the one you’ve already got. And to get a fourth nest another one, just keep on nesting for as many levels as you need.

Thanks for the reply Tim.

I see what you mean, but cant seem to get it displaying properly. It appears behind the sub links, rather than being hidden until hovering over the parent.

Is this something I have to fix with CSS, or can it be done in the parse file?

Thanks,
Lance

(Bart Banda) #4

Yep, that is all your own custom HTML and CSS styling that you can use to control that behaviour.