Asset Builder: Order of create locations

Matrix Version: v6.25.0

I did see a previous post about this but it was over 10 years now. I’m hoping things have changed.

I am building an Asset Builder page and using a list of Create Locations. The locations seem to be showing on the front end in order of asset ID, even though I have sorted them how I want in the backend. There doesn’t appear to be a way to choose the sort order.

Am I missing something?

Or if not, is there a easy way to sort selects in Simple Edits with keyword modifiers?

Or am I going to have to use Javascript?

(Nic Hubbard) #2

You can use an asset listing to recreate the select menu in the Asset Builder. Then you can sort the create locations however you like.

So maintain 2 copies of the same list?

(Nic Hubbard) #4

No. You would use a nested asset listing to recreate the select and option fields of the normal asset builder create locations selector.

Ok, cool. that sounds like a plan. Would you know the settings/keyword I’d use in the asset listing to access the create locations list?

(Nic Hubbard) #6

You would just mirror the settings that you use for your create locations in the asset builder. Let me know if you are needing a more detailed answer.

(Nick Papadatos) #7

I hard coded mine (if know the list won’t change) then usede a little javascript that passes the form action URL.
Let me also know if you want a more detailed answer