Asset builder page for editing assets - commit button not working

(Paul Duffield) #1

Matrix Version: v5.4.3.2

Hi guys,

I have created an asset builder page for the purposes of editing existing calendar events; basically updating the registration status through a metadata change when they become fully booked. This is to allow our marketing crew the ability to be able to make a quick status change to an event when it becomes fully booked.

I am able to draw the event’s details into the edit form fine and display the change fields. This is all good.

The issue I am having is that the commit button is not working.

Note: I am pulling the event details into the asset builder page from a dynamic generated link on an asset listing page.
Note also: This is not using the simple edit interface. It is using an asset builder page.

Any ideas as to what might be the issue.
When I click on the commit button nothing happens and the metadata field values of the event are not updated.

Thanks
Paul.

(Paul Duffield) #2

I’m testing on Google Chrome Version 54.0.2840.71 on an iMac.

(Paul Duffield) #3

Also I have the following variables set in the Asset builder page.

Dynamic Parameters = Edit Asset -> Set Value %asset_assetid%
I also tried using Get Variable Name -> edit, however this did not work either.

Form submission URL is the ‘The Current URL’.

I am also enforcing login, however, given I have editing rights to these assets I don’t see that this should be an issue why it will not commit.

(Bart Banda) #4

Hi Paul, I’m assuming your matrix version is 5.3.4.2? Not 5.4?

Sounds like you may be hitting a bug that I think has been fixed since that version, but hard to tell without actually looking at the logs and seeing some more info.

I’d send a support ticket in to Squiz to investigate further and then see if we can patch it with the bug fix.

(Paul Duffield) #5

Hi Bart,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, we are using 5.3.4.2.

I know what the issue is. For some reason matrix is creating a nested form. I have tried playing with settings but cannot get rid of the nested form. Hence the commit button won’t action because it falls in a nested form.

Below is how the HTML looks for the nested form.

FORM method="post" action="https://www.webaddress?event-id=97400" onsubmit="return form_on_submit()"
  • Jscript links, onload functions and Matrix Viper if then statememnts for messages

FORM action=“webpathway” id=“main_form” method=“post” onsubmit=“return form_on_submit();”

• Input fields
  • Commit button

/FORM
/FORM

Does this sound like the bug? Or do you think there is a setting I may have to change to get rid of the nested form? Thought I would ask before logging a ticket.

Thanks kindly,
Paul.

(Bart Banda) #6

That’s weird, might be an implementation thing then.

You sure the asset builder is not nested into something else? Or it’s not nesting some other form based asset in? Like a custom form?

The only form that that should be available should look something like this:

<form id="page_asset_builder_11142" name="main_form" method="post" action="https://example.net/asset-builder?edit=11158" enctype="multipart/form-data" onsubmit="return form_on_submit()">

So I’m not sure where that action=“webpathway” form tag is coming from.

Can you try applying a different (simpler) design or paint layout to the asset builder to see if that fixes it?

(Paul Duffield) #7

Thanks Bart,

I assigned a ‘no content’ design to our asset builder page, so that no other content is displayed other than the form and we still get the issue. I also tried this with a number of simple paint layouts and still it has not resolved.

As you suggested it might be an implementation or a version issue.

We will log a support ticket with Squiz.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Paul.

(Bart Banda) #8

No worries, will be keen to hear what the issue is when they fix it.