Asset listing help - promoted first asset

(Innes Zenati) #1

Matrix Version:v6.47.0

Looking for some help with an asset listing. I would like to create a custom list so that the latest created asset always appears at the top of the list in a promoted section (would this have to be within its own paint layout to achieve a separate design to the rest of the listing?

Sorry I do not have a lot of experience of creating custom listing.

Thanks to anyone who can assist.
Innes

(Nic Hubbard) #2

I would nest two asset lists in a Standard Page. First asset listing would only list one asset, which is the latest created.

Second asset listing would list the rest of the assets, but you need to create a Customized List Position format for position 1 and make it blank. Either that or use conditional keywords to check if the list position is greater than 1.

(Innes Zenati) #3

Hi Nic, thanks for the reply. I am currently nesting an asset listing in a paint layout so could follow your suggestion and nest another paint layout which has a maximum depth of 1 to target the latest article only. The current asset listing targets a metadata publication date field so that its listed by created date order. So this should work.

Thanks again

(Innes Zenati) #4

That’s worked a treat Nic, thanks!!

Nested 2 asset listing. First prints the latest article by target the max depth of 2 asset to miss the landing page asset.

Second asset listing is min depth of 2 but set to starting position as 2 to only print from the 2nd asset onwards.