Asset Listing Item Limit

(Mat Valdman) #1

Since our recent upgrade from version 3.24.1 to 4.8.3 there seems to have been a limit put on the number of assets that can be displayed on one page.

Previously I created an asset lister that would list nearly 2500 items (bulk mail subscribers + their metadata) and create a CSV file from that list that the user could download just by clicking the link.

Since the upgrade we have had to limit this number to 1000 per page which means we can no longer simply download the entire list in one file.

anything over 1000 seems to prevent the page from actually rendering and the CSV file ends up with no content.

I can't find any documentation of this hard limit in the asset listing manual.

Can anyone confirm that asset lists have been restricted to 1000 items and possibly suggest a workaround?

(Ashish Karelia) #2

[quote]
Since our recent upgrade from version 3.24.1 to 4.8.3 there seems to have been a limit put on the number of assets that can be displayed on one page.

Previously I created an asset lister that would list nearly 2500 items (bulk mail subscribers + their metadata) and create a CSV file from that list that the user could download just by clicking the link.

Since the upgrade we have had to limit this number to 1000 per page which means we can no longer simply download the entire list in one file.

anything over 1000 seems to prevent the page from actually rendering and the CSV file ends up with no content.

I can’t find any documentation of this hard limit in the asset listing manual.

Can anyone confirm that asset lists have been restricted to 1000 items and possibly suggest a workaround?

[/quote]

Hi,

If the CSV is ending up with no content it seems like Asset listing page didn’t list anything. The first thing i’d check for would be the memory limit configured for Matrix. Try bumping up the memory limit and see if this fixes the issue for you. Do you see any errors in error.log when this listing fails to generate the CSV?

Ash

(Mat Valdman) #3

[quote]
Hi,

If the CSV is ending up with no content it seems like Asset listing page didn’t list anything. The first thing i’d check for would be the memory limit configured for Matrix. Try bumping up the memory limit and see if this fixes the issue for you. Do you see any errors in error.log when this listing fails to generate the CSV?

Ash

[/quote]

Poking around in the performance log returns this error:

Listing page #63352 is trying to list 2656 assets, which exceeds the performance monitor threshold of 1000

As far as I can tell this is just a warning and won't stop the page from rendering.

I guess my next option is to open a support request to raise the memory limit to 256MB and see what happens eh!

are there any issues associated with raising the memory limit to this amount?? (it's currently 64MB)

(Ashish Karelia) #4

[quote]
Poking around in the performance log returns this error:

Listing page #63352 is trying to list 2656 assets, which exceeds the performance monitor threshold of 1000

As far as I can tell this is just a warning and won't stop the page from rendering.

I guess my next option is to open a support request to raise the memory limit to 256MB and see what happens eh!

are there any issues associated with raising the memory limit to this amount?? (it's currently 64MB)
[/quote]

Hi,
Yeah I double checked and that is just a warning and should not stop the script execution. And from what I recall the 64MB limit is too less and bumping it off to 256MB to solve the issue for you.
When you lodge the support ticket, you can specify this issue and after they increase the limit they can test by generating the CSV. If it doesn't work even after that, Squiz should be able to look into it further and see what else it can be.

Ash

(Mat Valdman) #5

[quote]
Hi,

Yeah I double checked and that is just a warning and should not stop the script execution. And from what I recall the 64MB limit is too less and bumping it off to 256MB to solve the issue for you.

When you lodge the support ticket, you can specify this issue and after they increase the limit they can test by generating the CSV. If it doesn't work even after that, Squiz should be able to look into it further and see what else it can be.

Ash

[/quote]

Just to let you know, increasing the memory to 256mb solved the issue for us. (although I imagine if the subscriber list get super long this method probably won't work anymore…)

Asset Listing failing at around 1,500 items