Automatically move assets to different folder

(Steven) #1

Hi,

I’m looking to move “event” assets automatically to a different folder once their event date has passed.

I essentially want to create two separate lists on a page that shows upcoming events and past events.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can achieve this?

Many thanks
Steven

(Nic Hubbard) #2

You could use the Set Future Lineage Trigger and use the end_date as the Execution Time.

(Steven) #3

Hi @nnhubbard,

Thanks for the advice. I’ve went in and created a new Trigger (all very new to me).

You will see from the screenshot below what I’ve set up. I can’t seem to get it to work!

I have the Consulation Diaries folder (#24387) where “live” events should be.
I also have Old Consultations folder (#39083) where I want the “ended” events to be moved.

As you will see from the screenshots below, I’m listening for 3 events, My conditions are set up as the folder (#24387) and filetype (event), and the action is set to Set Future Lineage linking to (#39083). For testing purposes, I’ve set the execution time to 2mins.

Am I missing something for this to run? Nothing seems to be moving folders in the asset tree and I’ve checked the linking on the assets and those haven’t changed either.

Many many thanks
Steven

(Nic Hubbard) #4

Did you make sure to enable the trigger?

(Steven) #5

Hi,

Sorry, yeah its enabled.

Thanks for having a look because I’m stumped!

(Nic Hubbard) #6

Is your Trigger Manager enabled?

(Steven) #7

yeah it was already enabled when I checked.

Thanks

(Nic Hubbard) #8

Are you sure that your Events are being triggered? Look in your logs to see if there are failure reasons.

Maybe try a different event as a test such as URL accessed.

(Bart Banda) #9

I think your trigger events are probably not the ideal ones. When you want this future link to be set ideally? Maybe just try setting an event for After Status Changed and using the Asset Status condition and check for the Live status? That way it will run when the event is published, which is normally a good time to set these types of future linking schedules.

(Steven) #10

Thanks, @Bart & @nnhubbard
I changed the events and can now see it’s all working as expected. Brilliant!