Backend Login

(Warren) #1

Hi, I installed the vm on a linux laptop to test it out. I followed the basic instructions for accessing the backend, however, I have not been successful in accessing anything other than the _admin login page, as it rejects all pw's per your instructions, and root/root or root/<pw>, does not work.

Any ideas?

Regards

Warren

(Nic Hubbard) #2

On the _admin login page. Do you see the login graphics and colors in the login box? Or are those missing?

(Warren) #3

[quote]
On the _admin login page. Do you see the login graphics and colors in the login box? Or are those missing?

[/quote]

The graphics are missing Nic.

Warren

(Nic Hubbard) #4

[quote]
The graphics are missing Nic.

[/quote]

Ok, then something is wrong.

Have you made sure to update your /etc/hosts on your local computer?

(Benjamin Pearson) #5

[quote]
Ok, then something is wrong.

Have you made sure to update your /etc/hosts on your local computer?

[/quote]

Also the URL you are logging into the backend is in [matrix_dir]/data/private/conf/main.inc, under SQ_CONF_SYSTEM_ROOT_URLS.

(Warren) #6

[quote]
Also the URL you are logging into the backend is in [matrix_dir]/data/private/conf/main.inc, under SQ_CONF_SYSTEM_ROOT_URLS.

[/quote]

I was not aware those changes were required for linux however, let me look things over again.

Thanks

(Nic Hubbard) #7

[quote]

[/quote]

I thought you didn't have to change those on VM since you set the domains in the hosts file?

(Benjamin Pearson) #8

[quote]
I thought you didn't have to change those on VM since you set the domains in the hosts file?

[/quote]

Yeah it might be ok, just better to double check everything is set up correctly. :wink: