CLI Install

(Filminfool) #41

pear-1.4.6 PEAR framework for PHP
pear-DB-1.7.6,1 PEAR Database Abstraction Layer

I am running FreeBSD 6.0-Release and those two ports are installed.

Is there something else I am still missing ?

(Filminfool) #42

:stuck_out_tongue: Nevermind, I hate this stuff. When is someone going to make a php-5 compatable CMS that uses PostgreSQL. This sucks.

Your darn thing wont work on my box. Unless I create a completely seperate install of apache php-4 and postgresql and bind it all to a seperate IP. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is so frustrating.

CAN YOU MAKE THIS WORK WITH PHP-5 ???

(Avi Miller) #43

Short answer, I believe, is: No. Matrix does not work with PHP5.

(Stephen) #44

Hi there,

I am also getting the error on step_02:

Notice: Undefined index: SQ_SYSTEM in /home/websites/mysource_matrix/core/include/general.inc on line 881

±---------------------------------------------------------------+

| PHP Warning |

|----------------------------------------------------------------|

| main(DB.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory |

±---------------------------------------------------------------+

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DB.php' (include_path='.:/home/websites/mysource_matrix/php_includes:') in /home/websites/mysource_matrix/core/include/mysource.inc on line 26

I found DB.php in /usr/local/share/pear but the script seems to want to find it in /home/websites/mysource_matrix/php_includes. Of course it isn't there.

Please help

(Greg Sherwood) #45

Matrix is looking for it in a number of places. First, in the php_includes dir, but then in the dirs that PHP has specified in it's include path. Check include_path in your php.ini file and make sure /usr/local/share/pear is in there, otherwise PHP wont know about that PEAR install.

(Stephen) #46

Thanks for that,

I suspected that there was a PHP config required. I have added the path to the ini file and the script now runs.

However I now get the following error:

MySource Error

File : [SYSTEM_ROOT]/core/include/assertions.inc

Line : 516

Version : 3.10.0

DB Type : pgsql

Error text not found for this code and locale [SYS0270]

array (

0 => 'DB Error: unknown error-- creates a function that grants access to the secondary user.

– This function should be called after all the tables in the system

– have been created

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION sq_grant_access(character varying) RETURNS TEXT AS \'

DECLARE

user_name ALIAS FOR $1;

table RECORD;

tablename TEXT;

BEGIN

FOR table IN SELECT c.relname AS name FROM pg_catalog.pg_class c LEFT JOIN pg_catalog.pg_namespace n ON n.oid = c.relnamespace WHERE c.relkind IN (\'\'r\'\',\'\'v\'\',\'\'S\'\',\'\'\'\') AND n.nspname NOT IN (\'\'pg_catalog\'\', \'\'pg_toast\'\') AND pg_catalog.pg_table_is_visible(c.oid) LOOP

tablename=table.name;

RAISE NOTICE \'\'tablename is %\'\', tablename;

EXECUTE \'\'GRANT ALL ON \'\' || quote_ident(tablename) || \'\' TO \'\'

Any ideas?

(Luke Wright) #47

In reply to post #46:

More than likely, this is due to the PL/PgSQL language not being installed on the Matrix database. Although the error is cut off, typically this type of error occurring at the installation of the stored procedures is a problem with this.

Try running "createlang -U <db owner> plpgsql <db name>" at the command line (if you usually use -h to specify a different hostname then use it here too) - which should add the language - then re-run step_02.php.

(Lwilson78) #48

no need

(Loggedon Eufford) #49

Hi everyone,

I have tried installing matrix on a Red Hat server and I am already in step 2. However, I can't proceed because I got an error:

±-----------------------------------------------+

| MySource Error |

|-------------------------------------------------|

| DB Error: connect failed |

±-----------------------------------------------+

Here is my DB DSN settings in the main.inc file as provided in the "PostgreSQL Database Setup Guide" (http://matrix.squiz.net/resources/installation/postgresql-setup):

define('SQ_CONF_DB_DSN', 'pgsql://matrix@unix()/mysource_matrix');

define('SQ_CONF_DB2_DSN','pgsql://matrix@unix()/mysource_matrix');

define('SQ_CONF_DB3_DSN', 'pgsql://matrix_secondary@unix()/mysource_matrix');

define('SQ_CONF_DBCACHE_DSN', 'pgsql://matrix@unix()/mysource_matrix');

I have followed everything on that guide but to no avail.

Here is my environment setup:

OS = RedHat

Apache = 2.0.52

PostgreSQL = 7.4.17

PHP = 4.4.7

Matrix = 3.16.2

PEAR = 1.6.2

Is there anyone who can help me on this? All help will be appreciated.

(Avi Miller) #50

First, I would upgrade to PostgreSQL 8.x as it is significantly faster than the 7.4 branch. Can you post your pg_hba.conf file for PostgreSQL? Usually this is caused by PostgreSQL not allowing the user to connect. You can test by running:

# psql -U matrix mysource_matrix

That should give you a psql prompt. If not, you need to check pg_hba.conf and make sure you have granted trusted access for those users to that database.

(Iamxxii) #51

Ive been always working with MySQL, never seen Postgres in my life
After 2 hours of getting this thing to work I gave up. I have no idea how to make it work.

Just keep getting this message:

php step_02.php /home/mysite/mysource_matrix

$db_conf = array (

'db' => array (

'DSN' => 'pgsql:dbname=matrix;host=localhost',

'user' => 'matrix',

'password' => 'matrix',

'type' => 'pgsql',

),

'db2' => array (

'user' => 'matrix',

'password' => '',

'type' => 'pgsql',

),

'db3' => array (

'user' => 'matrix_secondary',

'password' => '',

'type' => 'pgsql',

),

'dbcache' => NULL,

);

return $db_conf;

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Unable to connect to connection "db". No connection with that name is defined in the database config.' in /home/mysite/mysource_matrix/core/include/mysource.inc:2183

Stack trace:

#0 /home/mysite/mysource_matrix/core/include/mysource.inc(211): MySource->changeDatabaseConnection('db')

#1 /home/mysite/mysource_matrix/core/include/init.inc(231): MySource->init()

#2 /home/mysite/mysource_matrix/install/step_02.php(57): require_once('/home/mysite…')

#3 {main}

thrown in /home/mysite/mysource_matrix/core/include/mysource.inc on line 2183

Why don't you just make simple guide like any other open source project makes: like "edit this config, add this line, login on ssh or ftp, etc…", nothing mentioned about rights (i can do all this under root or under any regular user), nothing mentioned about chmod either. Step1 which I succeded so far =)) seems to be dull as well, it just prints php script on the screen, when it is suppose to say something like "config file has been written or done…", after I done it twice I realised that it DOES work and writes settings to the file. First impression when you see php code listed on your screen - is your php module is off or apache server is down.

This is not the way to attract people to your product, flashy site that you have doesnt contribute too much to your success. Any advise appreciated.

(Avi Miller) #52

The installation guide is here: http://matrix.squiz.net/resources/installation

The PostgreSQL configuration guide is here: http://matrix.squiz.net/resources/installation

(Iamxxii) #53

[quote]The installation guide is here: http://matrix.squiz.net/resources/installation

The PostgreSQL configuration guide is here: http://matrix.squiz.net/resources/installation[/quote]

Thanks for the answer, but that’s the guide I was using in the first place. It doesn’t help much.

(Avi Miller) #54

This is the guide that most of our clients have used to successfully install MySource Matrix. It does assume experience with Apache and PostgreSQL though. If you have any recommendations on how to make it better, please let us know.

(Mark) #55

What you need is an installation script like 'Classic' has - one script that takes you though all the required fields to get the installation started, no editing of config files.

The present install reminds me of the first time installing Classic many moons ago. Very fidely and no information on what resources were required. You really need a complete resources list that does not assume anything. I have found that once you start making assumptions on configuration, things fall over and people tend not to persist with a solution and end up with something which does the job and installs out of the box with very little or no problems, but may be less satisfactory. That was nearly me!

I place this software in the very advanced to expert catagory. The idea behind Open Source Software is its ease of installation and use. I think the Classic is very intuative and easy to use but still you need to know what to configure in PHP. That has carried over to Matrix.

This reminds me of Micrsoft's 95 release, touted as easy to install and upgrade but if it failed you needed support to get it installed. They have made many changes to keep people interested in the software. Ease of installation is crutial to uptake.

I think your CMS software is the best and most versitile I have seen (Classic) and would not use anything else if I could help it. I have not seen Matrix yet as I cannot successflly install it. If it was easier to install or there was more detailed information on the requirements, I think the uptake would be greater.

I have all the manual documented information, I'll read that before going any further, I trust it will have the information that I need to get going, but I'm reserving my expectation on experience with Classic.

Mark

(system) #56

What the error is saying is precisely the problem - the Alias config line isn't allowed in .htaccess files; you actually need to have access to the relevant Apache config files to be able to use that option.