Content Container Templates and Metadata Schemas

(Lewis) #22

Hi @harinder.singh. Thanks for your reply.

The Squiz manuals suggest using the commit button (in actual fact, %commit_button% doesn’t seem to work, whereas %commit_button_clean% does.

In reference to using the regular Submit/Save button (I think you may be on a different version of Squiz to me), I tried that and that doesn’t work either (as I say, in our version - 5.5.3.3).

Regards using %metadata-F_section_456479_values^replace:<div >:% in place of what I’ve already got, that doesn’t seem to work (again, perhaps it’s a version thing!?) as now I don’t even get the input field for the metadata - Tile title doesn’t have a corresponding metadata field now :thinking:

(Lewis) #23

@harinder.singh - permissions are set correctly too, as far as I’m concerned as I’m able to access all the necessary assets etc and the Content Container Template is also available in the dropdown list for the Content Container on the Standard Page I’m applying it to so that all looks in order, as far as I’m aware, following Squiz’s documentation.

(Harinder Singh) #24

If I remember correctly " Simple Edit Layout" documentation was available before the container templates even before Edit+. I still think you do not need to the commit button keyword. I might be wrong.

Instead use the default Commit button available in the backend or Save button in Edit+

If you have administrator rights, can you try to import the following template into your system and test? It must be compatible with your version.

(Lewis) #25

Yeah, I guess the docs for the SEL’s have been around for a while - I’m kinda l8 to the Squiz game in the grant scheme of things I guess.

As I say, the regular commit button for the Admin interface doesn’t work either (in this version anyway) and I’ve tried both %comitt_button% and %commit_button_clean%, as directed in Squiz 5 docs.

I’m getting the sense that this is just a version issue and that perhaps it’s solved in successive versions (looks like you’re on a newer version at least than I am, for example).

Watch this space I guess.

(Harinder Singh) #26

seems like a bug to me then

(Mel Freeman) #27

What you’re doing (both Simple Edit layout with your fields and your Paint Layout) looks like it should work to me. I love Content Templates and have used them heaps.

Can you try: %asset_data_metadata%

on your frontend and see what there is?

Definitely %frontend_asset_etc% is not the right track.

(Lewis) #28

Hi @MelFreeman. Thanks for your reply!

I’ve tried as you said (see below) and all I get on the frontend it two square brackets - [ ]. Looks like Squiz recognises the keyword but there’s nothing to display?

I’m still of the mind that this is a version issue and that :crossed_fingers: it has been fixed in v6!

(Lewis) #29

… I’ve also tried again this morning, clicking both the Commit buttons - the one the manuals tell you to add for this scenario and the regular Commit button you get on the Contents screen (bottom right in v5):

(Mel Freeman) #30

As it happens, I had some weird keyword behaviour - as in randomly not working within the Simple Edit layout - that I was able to get around with server side JavaScript. If you’re not upgrading for awhile, maybe it’s worth a try.

<script runat="server">
  print('%asset_data_metadata%');
</script>

(Lewis) #31

Hi @MelFreeman. Thanks for the suggestion but no dice I’m afraid. I’ll continue to look. If you think of anything else, let me know.

(Mel Freeman) #32

Is this your very first Content Template? On Squiz Marketplace, there are ones you can download and import into your system. Have you tested one of those?