Custom form builder with question logic/condition capability

(Norman Goh) #1

Matrix Version: 5.5.6.10

I may have totally missed it but I can’t seem to find anything relevant in Matrix 6 releases, help documents, or Squizmap but has anyone expressed the interest in question logic/condition capability in custom forms?

In Edit+ there’s the ability to create simple custom forms which is great but it’s lacking the ability to add question logic/conditions. So like if you answer A, then skips to the 3rd question or if you answer A then show more questions. We haven’t upgraded to Matrix 6 yet so am unsure if this functionality is already there?

(Widhi) #2

We are on Matrix 6, still no question logic/conditions.

We had Squiz implemented their custom form dependent script so that we can have fields shown/hidden depending on answers from other fields and making fields required not required when “hidden”.

Note that this script doesn’t cover the “checkbox”, so you need a separate solution for it.

Hope that helps.

(Douglas (@finnatic at @waikato)) #3

I’m not sure what options you’re shown in Edit+, but when we have had need to create form functionality like this we used a combination of custom forms + separate javascript - which sounds like Widhi’s solution

We build that via the admin interface (_admin instead of _edit).

(Norman Goh) #4

Thanks Widhi and Douglas. Sounds like similar solutions to what we do as well.

I have heard this morning though that there looks to be a revised forms engine coming. So fingers crossed we won’t have do the javascript solution in the future.