Custom Form Custom File Attachment stopping thank you page loading

(Mark Nearhos) #1

Matrix Version: 5.2.7.6

I have a very simple custom form (firstname,lastname,email) with a Custom File Attachment on the Receipt Email.

The Custom File Attachment is an .ics file created from an event using an ical Design and an ical Paint Layout.

For the Custom File Attachment to be attached to the email I need to select the “Include file attachments” option in the Receipt Email Format.

When the form itself is submitted the email is sent fine with the ics attachment, but the issue I’m having is that rather than loading the Thank you page in the browser, it looks like it is loading the asset specified as the Custom File Attachment with the Design and the Paint Layout applied.

The file that is attached to the receipt email uses the name specified in the Custom File Attachment (eg graduation.ics), but the page/file that appears instead of the Thank you page has the name Original-Asset-Name.ics

Am I missing something?

(Anthony Ponomarenko) #2

Hi Mark,

I have tried to replicate your issue in our latest 5.2 build (5.2.11.2) with no success.

Are you able to export your assets as xml from the tools menu and post the tgz in a reply just so i have the exact assets that you are using to attempt a replication.

Cheers
Anthony

(Mark Nearhos) #3

Hi Anthony

Thanks for trying to replicate. I created another form from scratch to see if I recreated the same problem which it did :frowning:

I will lodge a support request with Squiz and report back.

Regards
Mark

(Mark Nearhos) #4

The problem was with the ics Design file. I had the line at the top:
<MySource_PRINT id_name="__global__" var="content_attachment" extension="ics" />
which can be useful when viewing from a browser (as described here [Expert] Creating Individual Calendar Event iCal files – In 3 Easy Steps … ), but isn’t needed when attaching to a form email as you specify the file name and extension.

It seems that the ics extension was getting added to the Thank you page.

Thanks to Squiz Support for solving this for me