Custom form error.. cache?

(Tim Trodd) #1

Hi,

We have some custom form assets (not nested into a page just a normal custom form) that are having some problems.

It seems to be a caching error, as the error doesn’t always occur and cant always be replicated, but for some users they report that when they submit the form, it basically just refreshes the form and doesn’t submit.

I have seen it happen once myself on another users device and tested to see if using the error keyword would display anything but it doesn’t as well as no errors in the console.

Any ideas? I have gone into the cache manager and selected the custom form assets and set them not to cache.

We are using 5.3.1.1

Cheers,
Tim

(Peter McLeod) #2

Hi
Could it be a submission error that you aren’t getting any visible output for on screen. Eg - a submission time limit or a condition one one of the fields?
Thanks
Peter

(Tim Trodd) #3

Hi Peter,

Thanks I have checked and we have no time limit or conditionals on the form.

It is a weird one as I can check the submission logs and we have had over 100 submissions in the last 2 weeks with only 4 users who have said they can’t submit, it just refreshes the page when they click submit.

And because we can’t always replicate the error its hard to fix.

Cheers,

Tim

(Trine Paerata) #4

Is it on a particular screen size where a DIV is pushed over and is sitting on top of the submit button preventing it from be activated as a click.