Easy Edit Installation issue

(Neil Newman) #1

I have installed the Easy Edit Suite, but having issues with permissions (please see lines from error.log below)
[01-Mar-2011 11:41:40]

0: js_api_error_handler (/var/www/matrix/packages/web_services/js_api/js_api_error_handler.inc line 31):

ERROR: You do not have permissions to create an asset. Error Number:512

Am I right in assuming when the installation instructions tell you to apply the URL's to the Site Asset/Designs Folder/Web Services folder, I would be using a URL thus:

matrix.dartford.gov.uk/Dartford/_designs

for a server named matrix.dartford.gov.uk with a site named Dartford

i.e: I then append the site name and the "_designs" for the designs folder or "_media" etc…

Beyond this uncertainty, I cannot see where I have gone wrong.

Any one got any pointers

(Benjamin Pearson) #2

[quote]
I have installed the Easy Edit Suite, but having issues with permissions (please see lines from error.log below)

[01-Mar-2011 11:41:40]

0: js_api_error_handler (/var/www/matrix/packages/web_services/js_api/js_api_error_handler.inc line 31):

ERROR: You do not have permissions to create an asset. Error Number:512

Am I right in assuming when the installation instructions tell you to apply the URL's to the Site Asset/Designs Folder/Web Services folder, I would be using a URL thus:

matrix.dartford.gov.uk/Dartford/_designs

for a server named matrix.dartford.gov.uk with a site named Dartford

i.e: I then append the site name and the "_designs" for the designs folder or "_media" etc…

Beyond this uncertainty, I cannot see where I have gone wrong.

Any one got any pointers

[/quote]

This looks like a Matrix permission or the JS API is not configured to create Assets.

(Neil Newman) #3

[quote]
This looks like a Matrix permission or the JS API is not configured to create Assets.

[/quote]

Thanks for the quick reply,

I have used the default template JS API, but cannot see where any restrictions might be found within it.

Is enabing editing something beyond the Easy Edit Installation instructions?

Regarding permissions I have tried opening up the whole installation, but without success, are there any key areas I need to look closer at?

(Benjamin Pearson) #4

[quote]
Thanks for the quick reply,

I have used the default template JS API, but cannot see where any restrictions might be found within it.

Is enabing editing something beyond the Easy Edit Installation instructions?

Regarding permissions I have tried opening up the whole installation, but without success, are there any key areas I need to look closer at?

[/quote]

The details screen of the JS API for the restrictions, could be a place to start. Otherwise when you are creating the asset does the user have write access to the parent?

(Neil Newman) #5

[quote]
The details screen of the JS API for the restrictions, could be a place to start. Otherwise when you are creating the asset does the user have write access to the parent?

[/quote]

Getting somewhere now. I can create new assets under the site via Easy Edit, but I am still unable to amend a page.

All the options from the EES interface now appear to work (Details,Content,Metadata,Workflow,Linking,URL's) but when I use the "Content" option, the editing interface is not there, so I can see the content but not amend it.

I have just spotted that when I am in the EES interface, the user is listed as "Public" I presume this is incorrect, and could explain why I cannot change the content.

I have setup a user as a "Simple Edit User" but when I login it appears to see the user as a "Public" user, once again, what have I got wrong here?

(Scott Hall) #6

Hey Neil

This sounds like a common misconfiguration issue.

Do you have an SLA or access to Squiz support or Squiz Implementation time?