Enabling Login As for Simple Edit Users

I need to build an interface where selected editors need to be able to see what particular user is seeing when they are logged in.

The users who need this ability are Simple Edit Users and the users they need to be able to “see” are User level.

The simplest way I can think of would be to enable “Login As” for these Simple Edit Users but by default this isn’t possible.

Has anyone done something like this or have any good ideas how to implement this?

(Bart Banda) #2

I’m pretty sure you can on log in as other users if you are a System Admin user, not Simple Edit Users, so that probably won’t work.

I can’t really think of any other way to do it other than linking the simple edit user into the same group as the users, but then they’ll probably still be able to see slightly more things if they are still under their original user group as the simple edit user. Sounds like an unusual thing for Simple Edit Users to actually have access to?

I know the feature is available to admin level users but that doesn’t help me at all. And giving the simple edit users higher privileges is out of the question.

The simple edit users are our editors who need to be able to “see what user sees” in order to be able to support them. The users are public users who have registered for an account. Being able to login as would just have been the easiest way to deal with it.

(Klye) #4

We had this issue with Simple Edit users not being able to view staff-only pages as other staff do (ie if they log in as a staff member, they also log in as an editor). We created a user in the staff read-only group that didn’t have edit permissions, and editors use that login to preview staff content.