Form building advice

(Oliver Kass) #1

Matrix Version: 5.3

Hi,

Looking to canvass some opinion on how others on here would build something similar to this in Matrix:

Standard pages, a multi-page custom form and using a decision tree have all come up as possibilities. A few pros and cons to each I guess.

Thoughts?

(Nic Hubbard) #2

Using a Custom Form that is a multipage is the way I would do it. You might need to get tricky if you are wanting to show the answers on each page though.

(Oliver Kass) #3

Yeah, I’ve not even got that far yet…it’s a nice to have but probably not part of the MVP.

Any suggestions for how that might be possible? Some sort of keyword solution perhaps?

(Bart Banda) #4

I would actually use a Decision tree for that, it’s pretty much what it’s designed for.

(Oliver Kass) #5

Thanks Bart is there enough customisation of the asset available though? So for example if you need to include extra text around certain questions or move questions on to separate pages. It looks quite limited in that way.

(Bart Banda) #6

I don;t think you can have questions on multiple pages, but not entirely sure, been a while since I used it. I’m pretty sure you can have additional custom content around each question though.

Have a look at https://matrix.squiz.net/manuals/other-cms-assets/chapters/decision-tree for more info.

I guess a Custum Form would give you a lot more control, but would also require you to do a lot more custom implementation to make it work the way you want.

(Oliver Kass) #7

Thanks Bart. I think a custom form is the way to go, The decision tree is quite limited in its scope. Had a mini break through with custom section body copies and conditional keywords yesterday…