[Intermediate] Multiple File Upload

(Nic Hubbard) #21

[quote]
Aha! Thanks for the trick! :lol: At the first glance I did think it's js instead of flash, now i see:D

[/quote]

The flash is extremely minimal, really only being there to hook the upload and give us the data we want.

(Duncan Robertson) #22

You Nic, you make me weep tears of inadequacy. :wink:

(Miriam Clinton) #23

Yet again I come to the forum and find you've already written exactly what I need to do, Nic :slight_smile:

Got a question - can this be successfully nested (as nested content) within an Asset Builder that would be used to create News Items?

I need to revise our news service and build a form that will allow people to create their own news listings and add as many attachments as they need (for which I'll use this script) at the same time. It needs to be a one-pager.

Will give it a go but if anyone has any great ideas they would be welcome.

(Nic Hubbard) #24

[quote]
Yet again I come to the forum and find you've already written exactly what I need to do, Nic :slight_smile:

Got a question - can this be successfully nested (as nested content) within an Asset Builder that would be used to create News Items?

I need to revise our news service and build a form that will allow people to create their own news listings and add as many attachments as they need (for which I'll use this script) at the same time. It needs to be a one-pager.

Will give it a go but if anyone has any great ideas they would be welcome.

[/quote]

Glad that this tutorial might help you!

If should be fine working as nested content, just as long as you can get the creation location correct. :slight_smile:

(Miriam Clinton) #25

[quote]
Glad that this tutorial might help you!

If should be fine working as nested content, just as long as you can get the creation location correct. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Thanks, yes it is definately going to work :slight_smile: Asset builders within asset builders ftw! The only problem does seem to be the create location.

I've actually done it by adding the code that you use for the Standard page inside my customised News Item Create Form - turned out I didn't really need nested content. The only problem I'm having is that clicking 'Add' is not adding an extra Browse button and field, but instead seems to be adding the top left image of our design (even though I'm using a blank design). Looks kinda trippy. The news items are creating fine, just the extra bit for adding files is not creating properly.

I've tried using an absolute url to the File asset builder but am getting the same problem.

Edit - its working. Turned out to be an issue with running a replicated server architecture.