[Intermediate] Removing web paths for fun and profit

(Avi Miller) #1

Hey gang,

Ever wanted a custom root node for a listing, but didn't want your assets to get lots of URLs/lineages in the wrong place? Well, a little known tip is that you can create an asset and then remove it's web path. Anything linked under that asset won't get a URL at that location. So, you can create custom root nodes, link assets from other locations, but they'll still print their "real" URL in a list!

(Nic Hubbard) #2

[quote]Hey gang,

Ever wanted a custom root node for a listing, but didn't want your assets to get lots of URLs/lineages in the wrong place? Well, a little known tip is that you can create an asset and then remove it's web path. Anything linked under that asset won't get a URL at that location. So, you can create custom root nodes, link assets from other locations, but they'll still print their "real" URL in a list![/quote]

I do love this trick, it has helped me many times!

(Nic Hubbard) #3

Now what would be even more awesome, would be if the search asset would not find assets without a webpath! :slight_smile:

I guess that is why there is asset tree weighting, so you can make a "Nested Content" folder.

(Loggedon Christy) #4

this is really niceā€¦