Is there any mini MySource Matrix CMS?

(Leoremons) #1

hi guys!

Iam a newbie here! as far as MySource Matrix CMS, is concerned. But I do have tested almost every other commericial and open-source cms out there.

from phpnuke mambo e107 articlelive xaraya subdreamer. and a lot other.

But one big difference about MySource Matrix CMS is that, u cant install this on a shared hosting server. You need a dedicated host and iam afraid a large community cant afford it. but i have heard from others that MySource Matrix CMS is a wonderfull stuff. But I havnt seen it.

So I was think is there any miniature version of MySource Matrix CMS, which we could install on a cpanel based shared hosting server (to the max they can support us with perl - will it help any better?). And on of the senior user of this forum said that the PgSQL is a bit older in cpanel servers.

So I just wan to know that is there any community that makes a modified version of MySource Matrix CMS? which can be installed on CPanel based shared hosting platforms?

thank you!

(Avi Miller) #2

As far as I know, there is no version of Matrix that can be easily installed on a CPanel based host.

(Leoremons) #3

[quote]As far as I know, there is no version of Matrix that can be easily installed on a CPanel based host.
[right][post=“11763”]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Oh! Then wht will i do? Iam looking for a webapplication CMS…

Its must be open souce firstly… and in *.php

Needs to be documented…

Must be databse friendly… (work with any db, mysql, pgsql or any)

secondly…

the webapp must have cms+forum+newsletter+pdf converting option for both articles and forums.

and a single authentication system for every module, be it cms, or forum.

third… (lastly)

must be skinnable…

I am looking for such a thing…

any advice?

(Avi Miller) #4

Obviously, we're dedicated to MySource Matrix. My online advice is to find a web hosting oriented website and ask the same question there.

(WayneTyler) #5

If you’re looking for a lightweight or simplified content management system similar to MySource Matrix, there are many other CMS options available that are known for their user-friendly interfaces and minimal setup requirements. When choosing an alternative, it’s essential to consider your specific needs, such as ease of use, customization, and functionality.

It’s also advisable to look at hosting reviews for these CMS platforms, as they can provide insights into reliability, performance, and support, which are crucial factors in ensuring a smooth and efficient website management experience. Hosting reviews can also guide you in selecting a compatible hosting service if the CMS you choose does not come with integrated hosting solutions.

(John) #6

Bump a 17 year old thread with a pitch to your crappy website :clown_face: Is this forum still monitored?