Map: dragging asset between sets

Matrix Version: 5.1.1.0

Hello, this is probably a really stupid question, but I can’t figure it out for myself.

In the asset map there are about 130 items (news storys) on one page, split into sets of 50. I want to move a newly created news item to the top. It’s in the last set, it needs to go up to the first. But I can’t figure out how to drag and drop between sets. How do I do this?

Thank you.

Use Tree 1 and Tree 2 on the left. Drag onto the second tree tab and it will change over.

Alternately use Linking screen on the parent asset in Edit+. This allows you to drag children to reorder.

(Edinkin) #3

You can also move it in a temporary location and then move it again, it’s a pain but it is an option.

(Edinkin) #4

This might be also stupid question, but is there still a way to access tree 1 and tree 2 in latest versions?

Did not realise this was gone. Was looking at 5.4 branch instance.
Checked 5.5, you can add additional root nodes in global preferences and additional trees will show up with a dropdown, but you cannot trigger a tree change mid-drag like you can with the old style.

Just to add to the above, you can drag assets onto the page separator and it will send to the previous page. But you will need to drag once through every page.
Number of items per page can also be configured in Sys config, not that dragging through long lists is any easier.

Thanks everyone - with your help I’ve managed to sort it. :+1: