Matrix Search returning no results

(Serge) #1

Can someone explain to me what I’m doing wrong.

A few times I’ve been searching for text / code within pages and the search function has not returned any results despite the fact that the assets had this word in it.

Example:

Searching for: easyedit.min.css, it’s clearly in the current document, but search returns no results.

(Bart Banda) #2

The matrix search only indexes/returns words that are considered content, so because that value is part of a tag as an attribute, it won’t bring that back.

(Serge) #3

Could we have the option of searching any values? Eg: Tick a box to search code too.

(Bart Banda) #4

Yea we’re planning on adding more advanced search options to the quick search in the Admin Mode interface, will make sure that this is included in that feature set.

(Serge) #5

Is Squiz Matrix Open Source? Maybe I can code a patch.

(Bart Banda) #6

It is, and you’re welcome to have a crack, but you won’t be able to apply it to any Squiz hosted systems since they are managed and maintained by Squiz, however you can code the feature and contribute it back to us for review and for us to potentially include into the core of the product.

(Serge) #7

Where do I get the source? (URL / Repo)

(Bart Banda) #8

You’re probably best off to contact your Squiz account manager for organising access to the direct and latest source code in Git, as that can be done via 2 types of agreements.

(Serge) #9

I have asked. I am still waiting to get it.

There seems to be a lot of reluctance regarding access to the Matrix code.

It’s either open or it’s not.

The phrase open source usually refers to a community developed and community supported hardware or software project. Typically, the phrase open source means that the technology is free to use, free to share and free to modify.

Matrix so far feels more like closed source as it seems to be exclusive to a team, we need to pay a license to gain access to an account manager to get granted special access to look at the code.

Some software has source code that only the person, team, or organization who created it—and maintains exclusive control over it—can modify. People call this kind of software “proprietary” or “closed source” software.

(Bart Banda) #10

Hi Serge, I believe you are in contact with Squiz about this and your Account Manager is getting in touch to follow up on.

The latest publicly distributed version of Squiz Matrix is 5.4.0.3 and can be found here: https://matrix.squiz.net/releases/vm

All the Matrix code in that VM is released under GPL v2: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html.