Safe Edit Woes - Works once then not there after

(Nick Papadatos) #1

Matrix Version: 6

Does anyone else have issues with safe edit?

For me: works once when you make your changes, but when you make another change nothing happens.

I clear the squid cache and use /_nocache I still don’t see the changes.

Cheers
Nick

(Harinder Singh) #2

Are you making additional changes within the same safe edit environment, or are you pushing the first one live and then creating another safe edit environment? Both options work for me(6.26.1).

However, keep in mind that only if you set future status to ‘Go live’ without approving your changes will the asset be restored to its original state without safe edit changes.

(Nick Papadatos) #3

Thanks Harinder,
Lets say you’re working on a SSJS page and you want to test some changes (making additional changes within the same safe edit).

I normally start with <script>...</script> to see what I’m working prior to using runat=“server”

But in essence I’m making changes within the same safe edit is the issue

(Harinder Singh) #4

SSJS can be quite tricky, especially when it behaves unexpectedly. It’s always try and test thing for me to find out what is supported within Matrix SSJS environment.

Instead of using Safe Edit, I recommend creating a test page where you can test your changes. As Squiz mentioned previously, Safe Edit is primarily meant for content updates.

(Nick Papadatos) #5

Hmm, interestingly <script>console.log("Hello World!")</script> changes every time withing the same safe edit but not runtat=“server”

Support ticket time :frowning:

(Iain Simmons) #6

Make sure you are logged in to the domain you’re trying to preview the page on, as the session cookie will typically be scoped to the domain.

You might need to do https://example.com/_login on the previewing domain

(Nick Papadatos) #7

Thanks Iain,
Yeah, tried all that - I find it to be a bit hit-and-miss really with safe edit.
Works with the first change then nothing after that. It now works with the asset I’m testing.
Cheers
N