Session_handler_default missing

(Kwingerei) #1

Just completed (almost) installing Squiz Matrix version 4.10 - however when accessing the system I get the following message:

MySource Error

[ASSERT EXCEPTION] Asset "session_handler_default" is not installed on the system, unable to include its source file [SYS0320]

Have been through other posts about the issue and checked that the file actually exists. I'm on Centos, Apache, PHP 5.3, Postgresql 8.4. Can someone assist, please!?

Trouble with step 3 of mysource matrix install
(Kbaker) #2

Hi wing,

Just to confirm, the default session handler is on the filesystem i.e. /path/to/matrix/core/assets/system/session_handling/session_handler_types/session_handler_default/

There should be around 4 files in there, asset.xml, session_handler_default.inc, etc

If they are, can you try running step 3 again? Also, have you tried using memcache sessions?

Cheers

Kurne

(Kwingerei) #3

Thanks Kurne, all the files are there - have retried step 3 - same result - not sure how I'd configure to run memcache sessions - is that an Apache setting?

(Kwingerei) #4

I also get an error message saying I18N_UnicodeNormalizer.php is not present [logfile says: 19-Jul-2012 07:28:33 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'I18N/UnicodeNormalizer.php' (include_path='.:/home/wingerei/squiz_matrix/php_includes:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/wingerei/squiz_matrix/core/assets/system/triggers/trigger_action_types/trigger_action_update_twitter_status/trigger_action_update_twitter_status.inc on line 22]

CPanel tells me that this has been installed, but when doing a search on I18N_UnicodeNormalizer.php it is not found.

(Ashish Karelia) #5

[quote]
Just completed (almost) installing Squiz Matrix version 4.10 - however when accessing the system I get the following message:

MySource Error

[ASSERT EXCEPTION] Asset "session_handler_default" is not installed on the system, unable to include its source file [SYS0320]

Have been through other posts about the issue and checked that the file actually exists. I'm on Centos, Apache, PHP 5.3, Postgresql 8.4. Can someone assist, please!?

[/quote]

Hi Mate,

The error above indicated that the Asset isn't installed in Matrix when the installation steps were run. Do you have access to the database?

If you do can you run the following query and see if you are returned a row :

SELECT count (*) FROM sq_ast_typ where type_code='session_handler_default';

If no rows are returned then you might wanna try and run the step_03.php again, and see if there is any further information you can find in [MATRIX_ROOT]/data/private/logs/error.log.

Also if it a fresh/clean install and no implementation is done on it whatsoever then running the following script might help you. But note then it will clean up the entire system and clear all the data there might be in Matrix.

[MATRIX_ROOT]/scritps/dev/clean.sh

Ash

(Kwingerei) #6

Thanks Ash, there is no such file in the database which is to be expected. I had an error message in step03 related to the I18NUnicodeNormalizer.php file which seemed to be an incorrect path in an inc file - got past that - I now get the following error when running step_03.php - Fatal error: Class 'Mail' not found in /home/wingerei/php/Mail/mail.php on line 51 - the Mail extension has been installed as far as I can see - not sure if this is related to the issue of the session_handler_default??

(Ashish Karelia) #7

[quote]
Thanks Ash, there is no such file in the database which is to be expected. I had an error message in step03 related to the I18NUnicodeNormalizer.php file which seemed to be an incorrect path in an inc file - got past that - I now get the following error when running step_03.php - Fatal error: Class 'Mail' not found in /home/wingerei/php/Mail/mail.php on line 51 - the Mail extension has been installed as far as I can see - not sure if this is related to the issue of the session_handler_default??

[/quote]

Hi Mate,

With all this errors when you run step_03.php, it doesn't seem like the Installation has completed on your system. Unless all the installation steps are successfully run you won't be able to access the admin interface and you are most likely to get that error of "session_handler_default" not found.

How did you workaround/got past the I18NUnicodeNormalizer.php issue? I see you mentioned, like 'Fatal error: Class 'Mail' not found', you were getting similar error for the I18NUnicodeNormalizer.php part. I am not a system admin but from looks of it, it seems like you have the required extensions installed but are not in the correct path.

Hope this helps,

Ash

(Kwingerei) #8

Thanks Ash - yeah, that makes sense - but I get no error message for step01 or step02 = database connects fine - the requirements scripts tells me that nothing critical is missing. The database schema is created but as far as I can see (spotchecks of tables) - it is empty - I assume that is to be expected. So, assuming you are right, are you able to tell me what the correct part should be? The second issue I could think of is permissions, so when I redid the install I did everything as (server) root user. Any further guidance appreciated!

(Chris Smith) #9

Hi,

[quote]

Thanks Ash - yeah, that makes sense - but I get no error message for step01 or step02 = database connects fine - the requirements scripts tells me that nothing critical is missing. The database schema is created but as far as I can see (spotchecks of tables) - it is empty - I assume that is to be expected. So, assuming you are right, are you able to tell me what the correct part should be? The second issue I could think of is permissions, so when I redid the install I did everything as (server) root user. Any further guidance appreciated!

[/quote]

Can you post the output of each of these:

php /path/to/matrix/install/check_requirements.php /path/to/matrix

pear list

php /path/to/matrix/install/step_02.php /path/to/matrix

php /path/to/matrix/install/step_03.php /path/to/matrix

Cheers.

(Kwingerei) #10

[quote]
Hi,

Can you post the output of each of these:

php /path/to/matrix/install/check_requirements.php /path/to/matrix

pear list

php /path/to/matrix/install/step_02.php /path/to/matrix

php /path/to/matrix/install/step_03.php /path/to/matrix

Cheers.

[/quote]

Thanks Chris - asked host to reinstall CPanel and ran step 02 and step 03 again - see output files enclosed - also included log file - relevant error for most recent run is on line 51 and 52
log files etc.zip (9.59 KB)

(Kbaker) #11

Hi wing,

As Ash asked above, you are you adding the pear packages to your server? Are you running pear install package or uploading them to a directory?

From the errors, php's not finding the path to those pear packages (Mail, Mail_mimeDecode, etc) even though your pear list seems to indicate they're installed.

(Kwingerei) #12

Thanks - I am installing PEAR packages via CPanel - what path does matrix expect?

(Kbaker) #13

Hi wing,

I'm not that familiar with cpanel or how it adds these pear packages and with shared hosting in general. You may need to speak to your hosting provider for some advice.

Also this link may help with some questions - http://www.techrepublic.com/article/application-development-install-pear-on-a-shared-web-host/5163311

(Benjamin Pearson) #14

[quote]
Thanks - I am installing PEAR packages via CPanel - what path does matrix expect?

[/quote]

Matrix expects the PEAR packages to be located on the include_path setting of php.ini … this can be done either on the php.ini level, htaccess level or php level (depending on what your provider has set up and makes available to you).

At the very worse, you could add the line:

ini_set('include_path', '/path/to/pear/install:'.ini_get('include_path'));

At the start of every script and core/web/index.php. But this is not ideal as you are modifying code and will break on updates. It would be better to consult with your provider to either change php.ini or at least allow the use of htaccess to do it.

Hope this helps

(Kwingerei) #15

(Kwingerei) #16

Thanks for all input, I thought there might be an issue with permissions not being quite rightf or the install so I started with a fresh install to a new directory (now v 4.10.1) - been through each step exactly as per instructions and get no error message in steps 01 through to step03 - database created, looks OK, checked conf files and host files, etc. Still getting the same error message when accessing the system:

MySource Error

[ASSERT EXCEPTION] Asset "session_handler_default" is not installed on the system, unable to include its source file [SYS0320].

Requirements_php says "these php extensions are required by the core package: pspell and wddx".

Have requested install of pspell but already have XML_WDDX v 1.0.2 installed. Are there any specific requirements for wddx?

Thanks, needing help to complete this install! :unsure:

(Nic Hubbard) #17

[quote]
Thanks for all input, I thought there might be an issue with permissions not being quite rightf or the install so I started with a fresh install to a new directory (now v 4.10.1) - been through each step exactly as per instructions and get no error message in steps 01 through to step03 - database created, looks OK, checked conf files and host files, etc. Still getting the same error message when accessing the system:

[/quote]

What host are you using?

You really are going to have a difficult, if not impossible time getting Matrix installed on shared hosting. My recommendation is to use something like Linode so you have complete control over the installation.

(Kwingerei) #18

(Kwingerei) #19

Hi Nic, not sure what you mean - it's a VPS - conforming to all the requirements stated - so I do have full control.

(Nic Hubbard) #20

[quote]
Hi Nic, not sure what you mean - it's a VPS - conforming to all the requirements stated - so I do have full control.

[/quote]

Ah, ok, I saw a mention of CPanel and I assumed shared hosting.

I have a 10 min installation guide if you want to use it: http://www.zedsaid.com/blog/install-squiz-matrix-in-10-minutes-on-debian-6.0