SharePoint connection to SharePoint online

(Neil) #1

**Matrix Version: 5.3 **

Hi

Has anyone managed to get Sharepoint connectivity from Matrix to SharePoint online?

The docs don’t say it’s supported and I’m struggling to get a link but wondered if anyone had succeeded?

Many thanks.

(Bart Banda) #2

What issue are you getting? And what version of Sharepoint are you using?

I’ve successfully connected several times.

Can you provide a bit more information on your implementation and the issue you are seeing?

Perhaps you are best to send a support ticket into Squiz to get them to look into it further for you?

(Neil) #3

We’re using SharePoint Online. The issue is a complete absence of connectivity.

No visible errors anywhere, just nothing happens. The SharePoint admins thought that there may be an issue due to the fact that SharePoint is online rather than the SharePoint Server installation.

I was wondering if others had achieved connectivity to see if it was worth pursuing. The docs do say:
“Squiz Matrix’s SharePoint Package currently only supports Microsoft SharePoint 2007, 2010 and 2013.”

Thanks.

(Marcus Fong) #4

By SharePoint Online you mean the Microsoft cloud-hosted SaaS version of SharePoint?

I recall a Squiz colleague tried it with the Matrix SharePoint bridge a few years ago to see if it would work, and didn’t have any success.

(Neil) #5

Yes, that’s what I mean.

Thanks for the clarification

(Keith Brown) #6

…I was told by a squiz bod that this was possible - “We can integrate with the Office 365 suite through it’s generic REST API” - which I’ve not tried yet but there are rest endpoints for Sharepoint 365 that I was able to find… that’s as far as I got. On my list for 2017 but need to get my head around how our Sharepoint sites are structured.

K

(Marcus Fong) #7

That does sound possible, but I’m pretty sure that would be using the REST JS asset rather than the SharePoint bridge.

(Neil) #8

Thanks Keith that sounds like a good solution.

Regardless of the question the answer always appears to be REST…

Cheers.

(Tara Young) #9

Has anyone been able to post to a SharePoint 365 list from a form?