Simple edit users viewing other simple edit users (alternatively: user who initiated workflow)

(Jelina Korhecz) #1

Is it possible for a simple edit user to view details (eg. name) of other simple edit users?

For example, I want the users in a “content approvers” user group to be able to view the name of users in the “content editors” user group, but giving the former read/write/admin permissions to the latter doesn’t seem to affect it. Both groups contain simple edit users only.

Use case

I need to show the content approver group who initiated the workflow on a particular asset. I’ve achieved this by recording the content editor user details in a related asset field in the metadata of the particular asset, however I can’t get the user’s name to be visible to the content approver (although it’s visible to backend users).

I’ve used the related asset field so we could pull out other information about the user if required.

I can’t use the %asset_updated_by_name% as there’s a QA step prior to the content approval step and therefore the keyword would show the name of the QA user who approved the asset rather than the name of the user who initiated the workflow.

My workaround will be to change the related asset field to a plain text field in the metadata, but I’m hoping I’ve missed something that will make this work, or possibly there’s a better way to view information about the user who initiated the workflow.

(Bart Banda) #2

As long as the Simple Edit users have read access to the other Simple Edit users, they should be able to see them, but by default they might not.

Isn’t the information you are after on the workflow screen of an asset when it’s in a workflow process?