Squiz Matrix Multiple File Upload 2

(Nic Hubbard) #1

Have been working on a new Multiple File upload plugin that makes it extremely simple by using a single Asset Builder. 

MatrixUpload2 has the following features:

• Multiple file upload using drag and drop or choosing the files.
  • Upload on mobile/tablet or desktop.
  • Simple integration with an Asset Builder.
  • Create Type enforcement. Won't let you upload files the Asset Builder doesn't allow.
  • Max file size upload enforcement based on your Squiz Matrix settings.
  • Two layouts to choose from
  • File upload progress
  • File information such as name, file size, etc.
  • Thumbnail image previews
  • Fully responsive layout

Coming soon:

• Set attributes before uploading

Download: https://github.com/nnhubbard/matrixupload2

Let me know if you have a chance to download it and test. Currently there are a few lacking features, and the design is horrible at the moment. But these are things I am working on fixing.

(Joel Porgand) #2

sounds nice Nic, I'll have to have a play with it when I get a chance :)

(Nic Hubbard) #3

Just updated the project with bug fixes, enhancements and much more beautiful styles.

(Nick Papadatos) #4

Looks like a must have feature Nic

Gave it a go, looked promising - shows the image thumbnail but didn't actually upload any images to the location...

Pretty sure I followed your steps...

(Nic Hubbard) #5

Looks like a must have feature Nic

Gave it a go, looked promising - shows the image thumbnail but didn't actually upload any images to the location...

Pretty sure I followed your steps...

Make sure to check your console log in your browser, if there are errors, you will see them there. Also see if there are any error in the Matrix error log.

Also, did you make sure to set your Create Location?

(Nick Papadatos) #6

Thanks Nic - no errors, logs are empty and yes to Create Location :)

(Nic Hubbard) #7

Thanks Nic - no errors, logs are empty and yes to Create Location :)

Hmmm. I have tested it quite extensively on different servers, and it is pretty much a drop in solution for an Asset Builder. PM me or email nic at zedsaid dot com if you are able to let me debug it a bit.

(Drew Nixon100) #8

Not sure how you are doing this but thanks!

Very easy to implement and use although it didn't upload all 68 of the images I was uploading using the drag and drop feature.

Worked perfectly just selecting each image individually though.

All in all great functionality and look and feel!

(Nic Hubbard) #9

Not sure how you are doing this but thanks!

Very easy to implement and use although it didn't upload all 68 of the images I was uploading using the drag and drop feature.

Worked perfectly just selecting each image individually though.

All in all great functionality and look and feel!

Yeah, there are some gotachas I am working on when dumping a huge number of files on there. Mainly had to do with browser support. What browser and OS were you using?

(Drew Nixon100) #10

Firefox v34 and Windows 7

(Nic Hubbard) #11

Thanks. Will do some more testing.

(Gjboyd7) #12

Does this work with dynamic create locations?

(Nic Hubbard) #13

Does this work with dynamic create locations?

Yeah, you would use the queryParameters option to set the root node. You could also have the value as a JS variable that is taken from a select menu or something similar if you want your users to choose where to create the assets.

$('form[id*="asset_builder"]').matrixUpload({
    queryParameters: {
        'root': '1234'
    }
});

More info: https://github.com/nnhubbard/matrixupload2#how-it-works

(Nic Hubbard) #14

Just tested Mac and Windows version of Firefox 34 and dropped 75 files. It worked great and all files were uploaded successfully.

When you say yours didn't all upload, did some of the uploads stall? Or did it just not continue after 5 uploads or so?

(Drew Nixon100) #15
When you say yours didn't all upload, did some of the uploads stall? Or did it just not continue after 5 uploads or so?

It seemed to stop uploading files so I quit the page and it had missed quite a few files in the middle of the dump.

I just tried again and it only uploaded 3 files the first try, but when I refreshed the page I had to login to Squiz again. I keep my asset builders as a type 1, under construction so that our editors can easily access them. After logging back in and trying again, all (now 71) images uploaded successfully! I don't remember this happening before but it could have been the same issue I faced the first time when it failed (if so, much apologies).

(Benjamin Pearson) #16

Could it maybe have stopped if the locks have a short timeout?

(Nic Hubbard) #17

Could it maybe have stopped if the locks have a short timeout?

It shouldn't have anything to do with locks. Still looking into the issue.

(Tbaatar) #18

Just got around to installing this and I have to say this is so much better then fiddling with File Import Tool.

Thanks for the super awesome script Nic!

(Nic Hubbard) #19

Just got around to installing this and I have to say this is so much better then fiddling with File Import Tool.

Glad you like it!

(Mark Nearhos) #20

Likewise and I agree completely.

As usual Nic - I followed your instructions and it just worked!  Amazing