Upgrade script failed on step_03

(Nic Hubbard) #1

I was using the upgrade script to go from 4.8.1 to 4.10.0 and it failed on step_03:

147 => inbox 
    148 => workspace 
    149 => role 
    150 => user 
    *ERROR* '/usr/bin/php' '/home/websites/squiz_matrix/install/step_03.php' '/home/websites/squiz_matrix' returned error code 255
                                                            [ Error ]

What would cause this? Any way to see what the error 255 was?

(Chris Smith) #2

[quote]
I was using the upgrade script to go from 4.8.1 to 4.10.0 and it failed on step_03:

147 => inbox 
    148 => workspace 
    149 => role 
    150 => user 
    *ERROR* '/usr/bin/php' '/home/websites/squiz_matrix/install/step_03.php' '/home/websites/squiz_matrix' returned error code 255
                                                            [ Error ]

What would cause this? Any way to see what the error 255 was?
[/quote]

Something should be logged in data/private/logs/error.log, if not and it's right at the end of the script, it could be a php segfault. Tracking that down will be tricky.

If you run step_03 yourself what happens?

(Nic Hubbard) #3

[quote]
If you run step_03 yourself what happens?

[/quote]

I ended up figuring out that I was running out of memory. Strange, I had to bump it up to 256 in order to get it to go.

(Ashish Karelia) #4

[quote]
I ended up figuring out that I was running out of memory. Strange, I had to bump it up to 256 in order to get it to go.

[/quote]

Thats actually very strange as the script (step_02/step_03) sets the memory limit to -1. where did you bump of the memory limit?

Also when was it running out of the memory limit? Was it while running the step_03 locally or via the Automatic upgrade script?

Ash

(Nic Hubbard) #5

[quote]
Thats actually very strange as the script (step_02/step_03) sets the memory limit to -1. where did you bump of the memory limit?

Also when was it running out of the memory limit? Was it while running the step_03 locally or via the Automatic upgrade script?

[/quote]

It failed the first time while using the script. After that, I just tested step_03. I changed the memory limit in main.inc and the cli php.ini.

(Chris Smith) #6

[quote]
It failed the first time while using the script. After that, I just tested step_03. I changed the memory limit in main.inc and the cli php.ini.

[/quote]

Are you running any other modules (suhosin comes to mind) that could cause this?

(Nic Hubbard) #7

[quote]
Are you running any other modules (suhosin comes to mind) that could cause this?

[/quote]

Probably, I HATE suhosin, but it always comes with php on Debian using apt-get.