Upgrade script to 4.18.6

(bm@iucr.org) #1

Hi  
Just noticed this in the release notes for 4.18.6:

• Fixed Bug Squizmap #5291: Design Area Bodycopy prints extra space before php tag.

which might be the fix I need for the problem I reported about white space beginning my iCal listings (http://forums.squizsuite.net/index.php?showtopic=12224). I'm currently on 4.18.4, but the latest automatic upgrade script will take me straight to 5.0.0. While I do intend to upgrade to Matrix 5, this is likely to be much later this year because of the changes needed in the basic prerequisites. Is there any chance that automatic upgrade scripts can be provided for the 4.18 line until it is end-of-lifed?

Thanks

Brian

(Edison Wang) #2

The upgrade script would allow you to upgrade to any version you want, as long as it's a valid released version.

Just specify the upgrade-to-version as mysource_4-18-6.

The name of the upgrade script zip file, has a version number(5-0-1-0 atm), it simply indicates the highest version it supports.

(bm@iucr.org) #3

The upgrade script would allow you to upgrade to any version you want, as long as it's a valid released version.

Just specify the upgrade-to-version as mysource_4-18-6.

The name of the upgrade script zip file, has a version number(5-0-1-0 atm), it simply indicates the highest version it supports.

Great. I bailed out because I didn't see any *_to_4-18-6.xml files in the defs directory, but it looks like these are only needed for the major version upgrades.

*However*, looks like this script doesn't allow upgrade from CVS:

[root@chester1 MatrixUpgrades]# php matrix_upgrade.php --verbose --cvs=enable --git=disable --pre-upload=disable /***/mysource_matrix/ mysource_4-18-6
matrix_upgrade.php: invalid option '--cvs=enable'
usage: php matrix_upgrade.php [options] system_root new_version
Type "php matrix_upgrade.php --help" for more details.

This was the recipe I've used previously.

Thanks
Brian

(Tbaatar) #4

Is it possible  v4.18.6 is actually not available for download at the moment?

(bm@iucr.org) #5

Is it possible  v4.18.6 is actually not available for download at the moment?

For me the problem is that the current upgrade scripts (I just checked out the most recent, to 5.0.1.1) have no provision for upgrading via CVS. I can appreciate that this is connected to the transition to a git repository for Matrix 5, and I can also appreciate that it is reasonable to expect syadmins to invest a moderate amount of effort in a major version upgrade. Indeed, i look forward to commissioning a new machine  later in the year to run Matrix 5 with up-to-date PHP and Postgres versions. However, the system I'm currently using doesn't have a git client installed, and is otherwise tailored for efficient CVS-based upgrades, which have worked very well so far. I would really appreciate being able to rely on this route continuing to be available until version 4 is no longer supported for upgrade.

Thanks,

Brian

(Edison Wang) #6

HI guys,

Sorry for the mess up. The 4.18.6 wasn't tagged in public CVS repo until now.

The upgrade script has already been updated to remove support of CVS checkout, so if you use latest upgrade script it won't work with CVS.

Can you use an earlier version of upgrade script? Last couple of versions should work.

You can find previous ones here: https://downloads.squiz.net/matrix-automatic-upgrades/Archive/

Edison

(bm@iucr.org) #7

HI guys,

Sorry for the mess up. The 4.18.6 wasn't tagged in public CVS repo until now.

The upgrade script has already been updated to remove support of CVS checkout, so if you use latest upgrade script it won't work with CVS.

Can you use an earlier version of upgrade script? Last couple of versions should work.

Ah, excellent. That works fine on my backup system.

Many thanks

Brian

(bm@iucr.org) #8

Just to close off this topic: the upgrade worked fine on my production system and the extraneous leading whitespace issue was indeed resolved (after reloading the design parse files).

Cheers

Brian