Upgrading from the 3.28 branch to 4.0

(Anton Babushkin) #1

Hey guys,

I've been running the 4.x branch for a little while now on my dev boxes (along side 3.28) and now considering moving all my data across to exclusively stick with 4.x.

Are there any known issues around this? Are there specific steps I should be following? Or is it just like any other major point upgrade?

Cheers - Anton

(Greg Sherwood) #2

Upgrading from 3.28 to 4.x is done via the automated upgrade scripts, so it's pretty easy.

Squiz clients can get the scripts from Squiz, or personal subscriptions are also available: http://matrix.squizsuite.net/subscriptions

(Anton Babushkin) #3

Thanks Greg.

I thought that would be the case. Just reading through the manual at the moment as well and looks as if the steps to upgrade are not much different to before. Is there anywhere I can find these steps written up (in case I want to do the updating manually)?

(Greg Sherwood) #4

[quote]
Is there anywhere I can find these steps written up (in case I want to do the updating manually)?

[/quote]

The upgrade steps are only documented in the upgrade scripts now, so you'd need access to them if you wanted to step through things manually. You can also run the script in a test mode to see exactly what it is going to do.