Workflow emails sent to Backend Users but not LDAP Backend Users

(Jamie Smith) #1

Matrix Version: v5.4.0.1

Workflow emails (e.g. ‘Workflow Started’) are being sent to Backend Users but not LDAP Backend Users. The LDAP Backend Users have an email field. They are sent to the user’s Matrix inbox fine, but not to their actual email address. I’ve looked in the logs but not found anything.

Any thoughts on what might be causing the issue?

Cheers.

(Bart Banda) #2

Not sure. Can you confirm that the emails are/aren’t being sent in the sendmail logs on the actual server?

Might need to send a ticket in to Squiz support to get them to check it out though.

(Jamie Smith) #3

Hi Bart. Thanks for responding. I’ve looked at the sendmail logs and the LDAP Backend User emails seem to be failing with a DSN: Service unavailable message. Further, on the failing email addresses the stat parameter has the values of Message accepted for delivery and then Service unavailable, whereas on the successful emails the values are both Sent.

(Jamie Smith) #4

It turns out that our mail server didn’t like the email address I’d added to the Email to be Sent From field (the Backend User account had an email address on a different server). I’ve amended it and it’s now working. My apologies!