Alternative way of creating reports?

(Ben Dalley) #1

**Matrix Version:5.4.5.1

We regularly need to create reports for stakeholders and sometimes on very short notice, I was just wondering if there was an alternate, user-friendly, way to do this other than using a structured asset report or an asset listing page? Ideally getting the report as an Excel doc if possible.

Or is there potentially a 3rd party integration we can look at?

(Bart Banda) #2

It depends on what type of report you are after?

What report data do you want to get?

(Ben Dalley) #3

Normally the reports are quite straightforward listing asset name, ID and some combination of the metadata. And then I copy and paste it to Excel to process the data for reporting purposes.

(Bart Banda) #4

Using an asset listing to generate the exact report you need is probably the easiest/fastest way.

Any reason why you can’t use that?

(Ben Dalley) #5

This is our current process, I was just trying to find out about alternatives that were more straightforward.

Ideally, I would really like to open up reporting to members of the team who only use the Edit interface.

Also, I think of our Admins are not very comfortable with the asset listings as they find setting it up not very straightforward to setup, but I can develop a desknote to help them with that.

(Bart Banda) #6

OK gotcha. Yeah at the moment you just have the report assets in the backend.

You could create a more dynamic asset/search listing where the user can control the filters and what to report on, the order, etc, that would give them some flexibility to be self-served with creating custom reports?

(Ben Dalley) #7

Yes, that was my thought too if there wasn’t an alternative method, great minds think alike :grinning:

Thank you for your help!