Asset Builder: Edit and existing asset

(Lewis) #1

I’m using the Asset Builder to create PDFs which have a metadata schema applied.

When I use the /?edit=123456 URL, the edit form loads and prefills fine but the WYSWIYG field isn’t editable and, when I make a change to the the other metadata field and click Commit, I receive the following error:

The new asset was not updated. Ensure you have entered all required information and have permission to edit the asset before trying again.

Any ideas? I’ve setup the Asset Builder so it puts the newly created assets in a specific location (a sub folder).

(Bart Banda) #2

There were some issues with WYSIWYG fields on asset builders in previous versions of Matrix, so you might be hitting a bug. What version are you using?
Also, are there any JS console errors present that tell you what’s wrong?
Have you got any metadata fields that are mandatory to fill out as well before creation?
By default, only the file and asset name of the pdf file asset are required to be populated on creation.

(Lewis) #3

Hi @Bart. Yes, I’m getting JS errors in the console when I try to submit the edit form. I’m also getting contradictory messages saying the asset has/hasn’t been updated on the screen simultaneously.

We’re on version 5.5.3.3 and I’ve set the WYSIWYG field and the ‘Link’ field (text box) to mandatory, which works fine when I’m creating the asset but then fails on the updated, according to the error messages.

(Bart Banda) #4

Hmm, that def smells like a bug, but wouldn’t know for sure until it’s investigated further. Do you have the abilty to test if it’s present in a later version of Matrix? Or perhaps upload the implementation here for us to check out to see if we can?
Alternatively send a support ticket in to Squiz support for more help.

(Lewis) #5

Hi @Bart. Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately we don’t have the ability to test on an earlier version. I’ll ask our IT dept. to raise a support ticket.

Cheers.