Asset Listing Link Type 1

(Tbaatar) #1

Matrix Version: 5.5.5.1

Is it possible to asset list only Link type 1 with Direct Links Only set to No?

I seem to remember in older version of Matrix Link Type option was not associated with Direct Links Only option.

Basically I’m trying to list bunch of folders only with Link Type 1 and avoid all other Link Type 2 such Asset Listing folders - Type Formats, Position Formats, Group Formats.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

(Bart Banda) #2

Unfortunately no, but why do you need to enable Direct Links Only? (You could do it with %asset_children% and SSJS tho I’m 99% sure)

(Tbaatar) #3

Hi Bart,

I don’t want to enable Direct Links Only but the option to set Link Type option is not accessible when Direct Links Only is disabled. Enabling it will not work as it does not list the child assets.

I could use SSJS but it would mean having to rewrite the entire sitemap.xml which already has various conditions such as excluding directories, asset types etc so it will take bit of time hence native solution would have been easier.

I think it will be easier for me to convert the folders into another asset type since theres only 10.

Thanks,
Tuguldur

(Bart Banda) #4

Ah sorry, overlooked that from your original post description.

You also potentially do a check on the link type in the type formats and if type 2, then don’t print anything. Could potentially be expensive check though on the backend so could time the asset listing out if your site is huge.