Automatic certificate for quiz

(Sibrown) #1

Matrix Version: v5.5.0.2
Hi, I am trying to find a way to provide acknowledgement (preferably a personalised certificate) when a user completes a quiz and gets all answers correct. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? Thank you :slight_smile:

(Bart Banda) #2

Matrix doesn’t have this feature, I guess you are looking for something like https://certificatemagic.com/ or https://spark.adobe.com/make/certificate-maker/ ? Not sure how you can do those dynamically via a website though.

(Dkevey) #3

If you’re talking about using the online quiz and you wanted something simple, you could try using a conditional statement on the Thank You Bodycopy

i.e. if you have a total of 10 questions/points it would be:

`%begin_quiz_total_points^eq:10%

<p>Congratulations You got %quiz_total_points% out of %quiz_total_available_points% questions correct.</p>
    <!-- display a certificate of completion -->
    <div style="width:800px; height:600px; padding:20px; text-align:center; border: 10px solid #787878; max-width: none; margin-bottom: 20px;">
        <div style="width:750px; height:550px; padding:20px; text-align:center; border: 5px solid #787878">
           <span style="font-size:50px; font-weight:bold">Certificate of Completion</span><br><br>
           <span style="font-size:25px"><i>This is to certify that</i></span><br><br>
           <span style="font-size:30px"><b>%globals_user_name%</b></span><br/><br/>
           <span style="font-size:25px"><i>has completed the</i></span> <br/><br/>
           <span style="font-size:30px">SEO Fundamentals Course</span> <br/><br/>
        </div>
    </div>

<div class="text-center">
    <button onclick="window.print()">Print this certificate</button>
</div>

%else_quiz_total_points^eq:10%

<p>Sorry you only got %quiz_total_points% out of %quiz_total_available_points% questions correct. Please try again!</p>

%end_quiz_total_points^eq:10%

See this sample screenshot of what the above code looks like on the web page. You’d probably need to add some print CSS to just display the certificate (removing headers etc), but it should do the trick. I’ve used the globals_user_name because our users are already logged in, but you could ask for their name.
Note: the CSS used above is pretty ugly, but hopefully you get the idea.