Backend user views of asset tree

(Marg) #1

When you have multiple sites set up in Matrix, is there a way to limit the view a backend user has so they only see their site (and the assets belonging to it) without seeing the rest of the asset tree?

(Greg Sherwood) #2

Not as yet, but we have discussed this as a feature. Currently, if you right click on an asset and select the 'Teleport' option, the asset map will change to show the asset you selected and its children only.

What we want to do is have this happen automatically when someone logs in based on a user preference.

(Marg) #3

Thanks Greg - any idea of when you'd be looking at implementing it?

(Greg Sherwood) #4

Sad to say, but not really. We have a lot of things in development but just not enough people at the moment to cover anything. To be honest, I'd be surprised if it even makes it into RC2 (unless a client decides to fund it for us).

(Anthony Bond) #5

We have been hoping for this exact feature. It makes a lot of sense for large organisations like us where there may be dozens of sites each with their own personnel administering them.

I would Imagine it would be great for Hosts as well.

Would love to see it in RC2!

(Greg Sherwood) #6

It shouldnt be too hard to implement, but it will be restricted initially to being set for user groups only - not individual users. This means you'll need to use user groups as "roles" so you can apply preferences such as the teleported root node in the asset map.

I dont think thats a really bad thing though. We also have a caching system going in that works best if you use user groups for permission settings instead of just individual users.

(Axsomj) #7

I was just going to ask if some sort of caching system was in the works…

Really looking forward to this feature!

:slight_smile:

(Karl Fredrik) #8

Is there anyone who has an update on Teleporting specific sites to a user group?

• Karl

(Greg Sherwood) #9

This feature will be in 3.10 (no release date).

User groups can be configured to auto-teleport to a certain asset on login. Will work in the simle asset map (eg. insert image) as well.

It will still allow a user to go back to the top of the tree though, so it wont restrict them completely.

(Ben) #10

[quote]This feature will be in 3.10 (no release date).

User groups can be configured to auto-teleport to a certain asset on login. Will work in the simle asset map (eg. insert image) as well.

It will still allow a user to go back to the top of the tree though, so it wont restrict them completely.

[right][post=“8912”]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Pleased to hear this.

Was going to ask how to do this; or when it would be added.

Waiting for 3.10 with bated breath :stuck_out_tongue:

Teleport to asset upon login gone in v6?