Matrix Version: 220.127.116.11
I don’t know if this happens everywhere, but it did happen while I was editing a Content Container Template which is outside of the normal site architecture. I have a CSS file with the Template which I need to Link in a different place so it is publicly available. If I try to link to it in the Templates folder, it shows up on the front end as (unknown). Maybe this happens with links to other assets too, not just stylesheets.
To make the bug happen
- I put my template paint layout in safe-edit
- Create my new stylesheet
- Link to it with “./?a=asset_id” before I move the stylesheet to its proper location,
- I realised the safe edit version of the component was displaying on the live site, and was broken because the CSS was missing.
- panicked and cancelled safe-edit - component still broken and showing safe edit version
- went into component and committed current (original) non-broken version
Then it was fine and back to normal
Further testing shows that just by adding an (unknown) css link, the safe edit version will appear on the site, and removing the link will make it display the proper live version.
I can work around this bug now I know about it. Just thought you might not be aware of it.