Bug with keyword %asset_thumbnail_alt% within an asset listing

(danny) #1

Matrix Version: 5.4.1.3

Hi,
I’m using an asset listing within a paint layout (PL type format for news item format) that uses an ID supply through the metadata as the root node (a standard page), asset listing will then output the thumbnail of the standard page using the %asset_thumbnail% but the alt TEXT is missing. I have double check and the alt text is fill in on the image asset and try other keywords modify %asset_thumbnail_title% %asset_thumbnail_url% which all work apart from %asset_thumbnail_alt% .

Is this a bug?

Thanks

Danny

(Emily) #2

Hi Danny,
I don’t recall having had that problem in the past, using 5.5 now or 5.4 in the past. I assume the keyword is being placed in the Format Bodycopy of the Asset Listing page (which is then nested into the PL, and applied to a page).

I’ve had problems with Paint Layouts previously, but that was with regard to it reading the frontend page, if it was a nested content. (This was solved when they added the %frontend_asset_% keywords, however.)

Have you tried something like (for the sake of trying)…
%asset_thumbnail^as_asset:asset_thumbnail_alt%
or
%asset_attribute_thumbnail_alt%

And of course, double-check your text is in the Alt field, not the Caption field. (They are different).

Not sure what else to suggest, sorry!
Emily

(danny) #3

Hi Emily,

Thanks for the suggestions.
None of these work around work. All the keywords modify works apart from %asset_thumbnail_alt% so I’m sure matrix is getting the thumbnail and there definitely text in the alt field.

Thanks

Danny