Changing the name of the matrixdemo VM installation

(P West) #1

Hi,

A bit of background: I am the admin on a website that is set up by Squiz so I know my way around Matrix quite well; but I am a newbie at the server-side configuration of Matrix. (I have a MS Server background)

We are hoping to use Matrix as our company intranet hosted internally on a VMware VM so I downloaded and installed the evaluation VM provided here. I've had a look at it and built a site (well the start of one one) and all seems well so far. :)

SO, my two questions are:

1. Does the VM version have any limited functionality or any other reason I shouldn't continue to develop this installation?
2. If I should continue with this VM: where do I change its name? I know on a manual install I would edit the data/private/conf/main.inc file? But i cant find the main.inc file on our instalation and my BASH skills are poor :)

Suggestions please?

(Nic Hubbard) #2

Hi,

A bit of background: I am the admin on a website that is set up by Squiz so I know my way around Matrix quite well; but I am a newbie at the server-side configuration of Matrix. (I have a MS Server background)

We are hoping to use Matrix as our company intranet hosted internally on a VMware VM so I downloaded and installed the evaluation VM provided here. I've had a look at it and built a site (well the start of one one) and all seems well so far. :)

SO, my two questions are:

1. Does the VM version have any limited functionality or any other reason I shouldn't continue to develop this installation?
2. If I should continue with this VM: where do I change its name? I know on a manual install I would edit the data/private/conf/main.inc file? But i cant find the main.inc file on our instalation and my BASH skills are poor :)

Suggestions please?

For the name, are you meaning the URL, the name of the owner, or the site name? There are many names that you could be changing.

(P West) #3

Thanks for replying Nic.

I meant the URL... but it doesn't matter now.

I've given up on 'doctoring' the MatrixDemo Vm and done a manual installation instead following your blog instructions. (Thanks for those by the way :) )

(Nic Hubbard) #4

Thanks for replying Nic.

I meant the URL... but it doesn't matter now.

I've given up on 'doctoring' the MatrixDemo Vm and done a manual installation instead following your blog instructions. (Thanks for those by the way :) )

Happy to help. :)