Checkout errors with Automatic Upgrade script

(Willh) #1

I'm having difficulty with the Automatic Upgrade script. I'm trying to step from 3-28-7 to 4.8.1. I have the latest version of the Automatic Upgrade script (v4.8.1) downloaded from the server this morning.

The command in the script which failed was:

[indent]cvs -d ':pserver:anonymous@public-cvs.squiz.net:/home/public/packages/squiz_suite' co -d 'squiz_suite' -r mysource_3-28-7 -P squiz_suite 2> /dev/null[/indent]

The returned error was

[indent][ FAILED checking out Squiz Suite Package ]

There was a problem checking out 3-28-7 from CVS to check for modifications.[/indent]

I've considered the following problems

• I have Concurrent Versions System 1.11.22 installed.
    [*]I not sure how to check the status of port 2401 but other CVS commands have completed successfully so I assume that it is ok. Core, Fudge, Bulkmail, Squid, Web Services and CMS completed without complaint.
    [*]There is code in the directory automatic_upgrades/tmp/mysource_3-28-7/ so the file permissions seem ok.

Is there something that I've overlooked?

Thanks
Will

(Benjamin Pearson) #2

[quote]
I'm having difficulty with the Automatic Upgrade script. I'm trying to step from 3-28-7 to 4.8.1. I have the latest version of the Automatic Upgrade script (v4.8.1) downloaded from the server this morning.

The command in the script which failed was:

[indent]cvs -d ':pserver:anonymous@public-cvs.squiz.net:/home/public/packages/squiz_suite' co -d 'squiz_suite' -r mysource_3-28-7 -P squiz_suite 2> /dev/null[/indent]

The returned error was

[indent][ FAILED checking out Squiz Suite Package ]

There was a problem checking out 3-28-7 from CVS to check for modifications.[/indent]

I've considered the following problems

• I have Concurrent Versions System 1.11.22 installed.[*]I not sure how to check the status of port 2401 but other CVS commands have completed successfully so I assume that it is ok. Core, Fudge, Bulkmail, Squid, Web Services and CMS completed without complaint.[*]There is code in the directory automatic_upgrades/tmp/mysource_3-28-7/ so the file permissions seem ok.

Is there something that I've overlooked?

Thanks
Will
[/quote]

Is it possible you have local modifications in the packages/squiz_suite directory?

(Edison Wang) #3

this command fails for me too…
cvs -d ':pserver:anonymous@public-cvs.squiz.net:/home/public/packages/squiz_suite' co -d 'squiz_suite' -r mysource_3-28-7 -P squiz_suite

the error is:

cvs [checkout aborted]: no such tag mysource_3-28-7

i think squiz_suite package is added since 4.0.0, so you can't check out it for an early version.

Automatic Upgrade script should only check out packages that exists in your system, so if you have that package installed on earlier version, you should remove it first so you can continue upgrade.

Probably you can also use cvs_skip_packages option (in main.conf config file of Automatic Upgrade) to force skipping this package till you get to 4.0.0+ version.

Lastly, make sure you use latest Automatic Upgrade script to do all stuff.

(Graham Crocker) #4

I have a similar error when upgrading from 4-2-7 to the latest version 4-2-8 and I need assistance.
The latest automatic updates was used to update from 3-28-0 to 4-2-7 (since 4-2-8 failed)

[ Checking out Google Maps Package... ]Checking out Google Maps Package ---
    /CMS/WEB/automatic_upgrades/tmp/mysource_4-2-7/packages$ cvs -d ':pserver:anonymous@public-cvs.squiz.net:/home/public/packages/google_maps' co -d 'google_maps' -r mysource_4-2-7 -P google_maps 2> /dev/null
                                                            [ OK ]
    Do you wish to backup the system (Y/N)?                     [ Skipped ]
    Disable trigger manager                                     [ No Change ]
    Disable search indexing                                     [ No Change ]
    Disable rollback                                            [ OK ]
    Check out new code, using tag "mysource_4-2-8"              /CMS/WEB/automatic_upgrades/tmp                                                 [ Checking out MySource Matrix Core... ]                                        [ FAILED checking out MySource Matrix Core ]
    cvs checkout: CVS password file /root/.cvspass does not exist - creating a new file
    cvs [checkout aborted]: no such tag mysource_4-2-8
    *ERROR* Could not check out code from CVS (failed cmd: "cvs -d ':pserver:anonymous@public-cvs.squiz.net:/home/public/core' co -d 'mysource_4-2-8' -r mysource_4-2-8 -P mysource_matrix 2>&1")
                                                            [ Error ]
    root@cms-server2-clone10:/CMS/WEB/automatic_upgrades#

How can I fix this error?

(Benjamin Pearson) #5

[quote]
I have a similar error when upgrading from 4-2-7 to the latest version 4-2-8 and I need assistance.

The latest automatic updates was used to update from 3-28-0 to 4-2-7 (since 4-2-8 failed)

[ Checking out Google Maps Package... ]Checking out Google Maps Package ---
    /CMS/WEB/automatic_upgrades/tmp/mysource_4-2-7/packages$ cvs -d ':pserver:anonymous@public-cvs.squiz.net:/home/public/packages/google_maps' co -d 'google_maps' -r mysource_4-2-7 -P google_maps 2> /dev/null
                                                            [ OK ]
    Do you wish to backup the system (Y/N)?                     [ Skipped ]
    Disable trigger manager                                     [ No Change ]
    Disable search indexing                                     [ No Change ]
    Disable rollback                                            [ OK ]
    Check out new code, using tag "mysource_4-2-8"              /CMS/WEB/automatic_upgrades/tmp                                                 [ Checking out MySource Matrix Core... ]                                        [ FAILED checking out MySource Matrix Core ]
    cvs checkout: CVS password file /root/.cvspass does not exist - creating a new file
    cvs [checkout aborted]: no such tag mysource_4-2-8
    *ERROR* Could not check out code from CVS (failed cmd: "cvs -d ':pserver:anonymous@public-cvs.squiz.net:/home/public/core' co -d 'mysource_4-2-8' -r mysource_4-2-8 -P mysource_matrix 2>&1")
                                                            [ Error ]
    root@cms-server2-clone10:/CMS/WEB/automatic_upgrades#

How can I fix this error?

[/quote]

There is no 4.2.8 version of Matrix, perhaps you meant 4.8.2 (tag: mysource_4-8-2)?

(Graham Crocker) #6

[quote]
There is no 4.2.8 version of Matrix, perhaps you meant 4.8.2 (tag: mysource_4-8-2)?

[/quote]

Yes you are correct, I misread the version number.

Thank you.

(Jeremy Gregson) #7

Hi - In a similar vein to some of the other probs in this message chain, I've just started upgrading a site that was at 3.28.6 - everything worked beautifully and charged through the first few upgrades to complete 3.28.10, then I got this:

cvs [checkout aborted]: no such tag mysource_matrix_4-0-0

Now, the problem's solved - after a lot of head-scratching, I spotted that I'd typed "mysource_matrix_4-0-0" as the package instead of just mysource_4-0-0 … but it's amazing how far you can get through the upgrade process before discovering you're trying to upgrade to something that doesn't exist! Next time someone is revising the script, maybe you could throw in an early test to make it bounce at the beginning?

cheers!