Choosing Default URL variant?

(Tbaatar) #1

Hi,

So we’ve been playing around with HTTPS implementation to an existing HTTP website. One of the quirks I have come across (not new) is Matrix will select the shortest URL as default, therefore all pages that has form (nested, standalone) will be deemed insecure by Chrome browser.

Is there is a way to select which default URL you want to use on your website without constantly FORCING IT. Removing HTTP from the URL is not an option at the moment.

Thanks.

(Bart Banda) #2

Not sure what you mean by this? How is this implemented in a way to cause insecure warnings in the browser?

Anything linked from a HTTPS page to another asset should prioritise any other HTTPS URLs on it.

Or are you saying you have a HTTP page that links to a Custom Form asset that has both HTTPS and HTTP URLs on it?

(Tbaatar) #3

Hi Bart,

I think it could be configuration issue. We have both HTTP/HTTPS enabled on a domain and have set a apache 301 redirect on the HTTP to go to HTTPS.

There are couple of issues and waiting for answer from Squiz UK.

1. Edit+ and login to admin does not work any longer so we have to use different domain to login.
  2. All forms submission action is auto getting the HTTP URL even though the page viewing is HTTPS (which breaks the SSL certificate on Safari/Chrome)
  3. When we create a seperate earth (same domain) only with HTTPS enabled the page goes on a 302 loop 10 times and displays page error.

I’m not sure what could be wrong but will wait and see from Squiz UK, unless someon on here has a solution.