Cloning Complex Custom Forms

(Douglas (@finnatic at @waikato)) #1

I’m trying to clone an existing custom form asset, and continuing to encounter:

“Unable to clone asset and it’s required components. Cloning failed. [HIPO0028] ([SYSTEM_ROOT]/core/include/general.inc:1719)”

Are there any tricks that might see a successful clone or does Matrix requires admins/editors to manually clone components / parts of a form?

(Bart Banda) #2

Never seen that error before. Any more errors in the logs?
What is the HIPO Cloning Threshold set to? (Try setting it to 1 if not already). (HIPO Config Screen)
Is the HIPO running on Squiz Server? (HIPO Config Screen)
How big is the form (how many fields)?
Does it happen if you create a brand new form with a couple of fields and try and clone that?

(Douglas (@finnatic at @waikato)) #3

Five sections, with seven+three+twelve+four+three+two … thirty one questions in total

Logs claim:

On 5.4.1.2 with HIPO running on the squiz server, I can’t see a cloning threshold on the HIPO Server Configuration screen under System Configuration - is that handled by the squiz server?

I suspect that would work fine, but can test. I’m also talking with our resident expert on these forms, back from sick leave, to get some more details on what solution we’ve reached to work with these forms.

(Tim Trodd) #4

Hi Douglas,

Did you ever get the custom forms to clone?

We used to be able to clone them fine, but since upgrading to 5.4.3.0 it no longer works and says “Unable to clone asset and it’s required components. Cloning failed. [HIPO0028”

I have sent a support ticket to squiz but just wondered if you had got yours working?

Tim

(Bart Banda) #5

Cloning a form in 5.4.4.0 works fine, so might be something specific to that custom form that is breaking it?

(Douglas (@finnatic at @waikato)) #6

We’ve just gone back to manual cloning as far as I know.

(Tbaatar) #7

As opposed to cloning the entire form, is it possible to just clone the five sections into a new form?

I know you will have varies scripts and settings applied to that specific form, but I think that shouldn’t be the case for a scalable development.

Ofcourse this still doesn’t answer why the clone doesn’t work.

From past experiencewith various Matrix versions, forms tend to bork out completely for unknown reasons or after going through an upgrade.

(Douglas (@finnatic at @waikato)) #8

Our Matrix forms maestro confirms this is working well and what they’re currently doing with the forms in question.

(Tim Trodd) #9

thanks everyone! I will try cloning the sections instead.