Content Container Template Missing

(Sang) #1

**Matrix Version:v5.4.0.3 **

Hi,

I have a standard page asset using content container template. but paint layout in the content container template is missing when I visit the page. If I visit with _nocache, it is showing, but without _nocache, it is not showing.

If I try with _recache, it shows a while. but it disappears again after several hours.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

(Bart Banda) #2

That just means it’s cached in your browser/proxy and you haven’t cleared it there. Are you using a caching proxy in front of your site such as Squid?

(Lewis) #3

@leezzang were you able to verify @Bart’s question? I’m getting the same in Firefox - the content container template is completely missing from the rendered page. I’ve cleared the cache in the browser and even asked our IT dept. to take a look as they wouldn’t have ever visited the page but they experienced the same thing - the <div> etc that wraps around the content is completely missing!

(John gill) #4

My first guess for something like this would be checking that the Paint Layout for the CCT is live and has public read permissions (and is connected to the CCT properly). If the Paint Layout isn’t public then you’d expect to see it when logged in but not when testing as Public User.

(Lewis) #5

Excellent, thanks @JohnGill! I’ve had my head stuck in this project so missed what’s right in front of me! I guess I assumed that Paint Layout and Content Container Templates were used behind the scenes to render the page so didn’t need to be publicly accessible.

(Jim) #6

it’s simple, your browser is hardened