Custom Form > Custom File Attachments

(paul walker) #1

Desired outcome;
User adds details, name emails etc., then selects one of three Word docs to be emailed to them on submission.

My custom form setup

The ‘select’ option field “asset-to-send” [%question_field_101010_q1%] allows the user to select one of 3 files;
a.docx [id = 100101]
b.docx [id = 100102]
c.docx [id = 100103]

Both the value and the text options are set to the asset id of each asset (docx)

Form contents > Email options > Custom File Attachments > ASSET TO SEND = “asset-to-send”

Form contents > Email options > Custom File Attachments > FILE NAME = “file.docx”

Form contents > Email options > Custom File Attachments > DYNAMIC PARAMETERS > PARAMETER = “Asset To Send”

Form contents > Email options > Custom File Attachments > DYNAMIC PARAMETERS > SOURCE > SET VALUE = “%question_field_101010_q1%”

The above sends a Word doc, “file.docx” but it appears to be corrupted as it cannot be opened “Sorry, Word ran into a problem while opening this document in a browser”. Downloading it does not resolve the issue.

If, In the “ASSET TO SEND” field I select one of the docx it sends the doc without an issue - so if it were a single file it would be fine

Any assistance or suggestions welcome - thank you

(Bart Banda) #2

What value are you actually setting for the dynamic paramter? I don’t think “Asset To Send” is the right value to put in there, should probably be the POST var name (the ID of the text input) which I think is something like

form_email_1260_2149_0_asset_to_send[assetid]

(replace those IDs with your own)