Decision tree - page snaps to top if a user scrolls

I’m using a decision tree and am running into an annoying issue.

When a user scrolls the page and answers a question, the page then snaps back to the top, meaning a user then has to scroll down again to answer the next question or see the answer. If a user just selects answers to questions as they appear on the page, there’s no issue, only when they scroll down themselves.

Is this a Squiz bug?

(Bart Banda) #2

Shouldn’t scroll you up.

Are there any JS errors that get thrown when this happens?

Is it a public decision tree you can share the link to?

Also, what version of Matrix?

I’m using 5.4.5.1 and I’m not seeing any JS errors. It’s under construction at the moment.

(Bart Banda) #4

I can’t replicate it, so it might be something specific to your implementation on the frontend. Perhaps some other JS in your page design is interfeering with it?

Maybe try using a brand new decision tree and using a basic design to see if you can replicate it there?

Alternatively, if you are a Squiz client, I’d recommend sending a support ticket in so that Squiz support can have a closer look and try and fix/diagnose.

Thanks. I’ve sent a ticket

So, running into this same issue again. The page snaps to the top when a user scrolls down while they’re working through the tree. If the bookmarks aren’t visible on screen, then the page snaps up. See: https://www.monash.edu/fees/other-costs/amenities/ssaf-calculator-2020-and-2021

The issue seems to only occur on radio buttons, as changing a value in the select box doesn’t have the same effect.

V.5.5.6.3

So it turns out by changing the styling of the radio buttons, this issue gets resolved. Clearly a bug though.