Disabling tools with Edit+

Hi team,

Wow it has been ages and I’m sure you all still look gorgeous! =)

As it’s been so long I am officially at noob status and was wondering if there was a way to disable tools in Edit+ ( justification) (horizontal rule). We have recently just updated matrix to version 5.4.3.1 and I seen the post on Matrix 6! darn it :wink:

Our accessibility coordinator would be singing your praises if you have any suggestions. @nnhubbard you know you want to help :wink:
cheers
Fuzz

Using CSS to hide them is easiest way and allows you to display different set of editing features available depending on type of user by using conditionals.

Thanks heaps for the response!

Below are some groups I have disabled from our editors (including horizonal ruler and justify):

.Viper-buttonGroup #content-screen-code, .Viper-buttonGroup #content-screen-vitpClass, .Viper-buttonGroup #content-screen-justify, .Viper-buttonGroup #content-screen-class, .Viper-buttonGroup #content-screen-vitpCode { display:none;} 

.ViperTP-bar #content-screen-hr, .ViperTP-bar #content-screen-image {display:none;}

BTW I hate this so called “forum” “software”.

Thanks so much ! I’m going to try this on our devel environment.

Would we require a customisation for Edit+ https://matrix.squiz.net/tutorials/2017/how-to-customise-the-edit-wysiwyg-styles

In order to nest adjusted config styles - or can we just embed into our main css files.

Currently at the moment out Edit+ is not customisation.

You rock! Cheers

It’s just ordinary CSS. As long as you load these overrides after the EE CSS they work.

woooooo! thanks so much! I have already been spouting the awesomeness