Fatal Error when checking Active Locks after Upgrade to 3.24.1

(Mat Valdman) #1

When I try and accesss the Active Locks screen in sys admin get the following error after Upgrading GPL 3.24.0 --> 3.24.1

[quote]

PHP Notice

Trying to get property of non-object

Fatal error: Call to a member function type() on a non-object in /var/www/matrix/core/include/system_config_edit_interface.inc on line 455[/quote]

Any clues as to where I should look to fix the error or scripts that may help?

I have tried a few of the system_integrity scripts with no success so far.

Cheers Mat

(Edison Wang) #2

The user previously held the lock doesn't exist in your new system anymore, that's why you get the error.

Can you check what happened to that user? Probably it's a ldap user for which ldap bridge failed to connect?

(Mat Valdman) #3

Ok we managed to fix the problem by manually deleting all the locks from the database!

I am assuming that this won't cause any instability issues?

Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers Mat

(Greg Sherwood) #4

Deleting all locks is fine. The only impact is that users who are editing while you clear them wont be able to save their content. So assuming you do it while nobody is editing, this is always fine to do.

(Mat Valdman) #5

Is it true that expired locks stay in the database?

we had locks that go back to 2007 in there!!!

It might be prudent for us to write a script to clear them before doing upgrades!

Cheers Mat

(Greg Sherwood) #6

[quote]
Is it true that expired locks stay in the database?

[/quote]

Yes, but there is a cron job that can be configured to clean them out from version 4.x onwards. Details here: http://manuals.matrix.squizsuite.net/system-management/chapters/cron-manager

(Mat Valdman) #7

[quote]
Yes, but there is a cron job that can be configured to clean them out from version 4.x onwards. Details here: http://manuals.matrix.squizsuite.net/system-management/chapters/cron-manager

[/quote]

Exxxelente!!! more reasons to upgrade!!!

Thanks Greg for your helps

Cheers Mat