Feature request: Ability to split content container in Edit+

(Julian) #1

It would be so cool and useful if one could split a content container in Edit+.

Depending on how your Matrix system is set-up sometimes when editing for example a standard page there are times when you want to make 1 content container into 3 content containers. You may want to insert a specific content container template in the middle of a standard content container, and to do this easily it would be great to be able to split the original content container into two, and then add a content container in between.

The little handles that currently exist are very useful because it allows you to insert a content container exactly where you want it, but what is missing is the ability to insert a content container in the middle of a block of text easily.

Currently the only way to split a single content container and a block of text is to create a second content container, then move half the text into the second content container, and then insert a 3rd content container in between the first two.
It would be much easier if I could just select the line where i want the content container to split and click ‘split and insert new content container’ or just ‘split content container’ or both!

Please let me know if this is the wrong place to make a feature suggestion.

(Marcus Fong) #2

If you’re a Squiz client with access to https://squizmap.squiz.net/, then that’s usually the best place to lodge feature suggestions.