Form file upload name collision

Matrix Version:5.3.4

Hi all, I am wondering if this is known issue (an ongoing) or just specific to my version of Matrix. When you have file field in your form to allow users to attach file with the form, you have the options of let Matrix to rename the file when a file with the same name already exists in the system. But it has its limitation and it doesn’t take much to reach that limit.

Here is my observation. Let’s say I have a file named xxx_2020.pdf:

• If I try to attach more than 3 of that file in the same time on the same form (eg. the form has 10 file fields) then only the first 3 will upload, which will be named xxx_2020.pdf, xxx_2021.pdf, xxx_2022.pdf. The rest will fail.
  • If I do that again and again, the same will happen until it reaches xxx_2030.pdf and all will fail.

Not sure if there is a workaround other than telling users not to upload file of same name.

Cheers.

It seems that no one has experienced this? I guess our form is unique as it is being used by the same user from time to time and the files to upload often come with the same name.

(Bart Banda) #3

There were some bugs fixed with file name renaming on file upload fields a while ago, I have a feeling that your version doesn’t have those bug fixes, so it’s most likely something that works fine in later versions of 5.4 or 5.5.