Google Maps on Edit+ interface

We are planning to utilise Google Maps and Google Map Location to provide mapping solution to our publishers. But I found that it doesn’t seem both assets available through Edit+ interface, both creating and maintaining. What’s the best approach in letting users with Edit+ only access to be able to maintain the map locations?

Cheers,

(Bart Banda) #2

I’d probably just use something like a data record asset with some custom metadata fields on it. The Google Map package hasn’t been updated in a long time and probably is limited in terms of flexibility and how you might use it with the latest version of the Google Maps API.

Thank you for your response @Bart. Do you have any visibility on where the Google Map package is going in the future? For example, is there any work in the pipeline, or will it be abandoned and be replaced by another solution?

Cheers,

(Bart Banda) #4

TBH, it will probably be deprecated at some point as it’s much much better to implement everything using client side JS, which is what the Google API is designed for anyway. So to future proof yourselves, I’d suggest to not rely on any of the Google Map dedicated assets for any implementation (I don’t know of anyone else that uses it either atm) and just use other generic matrix assets for managing the location data/content.

Thanks for your clarification @Bart