How to Launch GUI for MyMatrix VM?

(Mjmshaw) #1

Hello!
Installed VMare Player and the Squiz VM (Windows 7). Starting the VM and using the supplied username/password drops me to a command line (oh no!). Had a look at the Scientific Linux forums but none of the command line options they mention enable me boot directly into a Linux GUI and any further suggestions seem to require some intimate knowledge of linux system files. Alas, I'm a GUI monkey. Is there a single command that invokes Gnome or KDE from the command line that I'm obviusly ignorant of?

Regards,

Michael

P.S. I'm assuming the VM is a complete Linux OS optimised with LAMP and Squiz applications.

(Greg Sherwood) #2

The VM that you download is a server VM and does not contain a GUI. But you don't need to play around on the command line for that VM because everything will already be configured.

Squiz Matrix is a browser-based application, so all you need to view the GUI is a web browser.

Just make sure you follow the guide to get it all going: http://matrix.squizsuite.net/quick-start-guide

(Mjmshaw) #3

(Greg Sherwood) #4

Your reply doesn't seem to contain a comment. Is there something you needed to ask?

(Mjmshaw) #5

No. Just meant to say thanks!