(Firewall Breaker) #1

I have my images in folder called
site/media/images

Now when i make image live every image has different URL like

/__data/assets/23232/434343/as.jpg

Is there any way i can use relative URL like

//something/media/images.as.jpg

Because when i make html in dreamweaver i have to use path like images/as.jpg

but when i need to upload to matrix then i have to manually replace those hardlinks like
    //asset/23232/as.jpg

(Greg Sherwood) #2

When you upload the image, you can check a box on the Details screen to not allow unrestricted URLs. This will stop Matrix using __data URLs, which it does to improve the performance of images that are live and public.

(Rhulse) #3

[quote]
I have my images in folder called

site/media/images

Now when i make image live every image has different URL like

/__data/assets/23232/434343/as.jpg

Is there any way i can use relative URL like

//something/media/images.as.jpg

Because when i make html in dreamweaver i have to use path like images/as.jpg

but when i need to upload to matrix then i have to manually replace those hardlinks like
    //asset/23232/as.jpg

[/quote]

What Greg is suggesting, and I endorse it, is that you really, really do not want to do this.

Image paths in the Media folder
(Firewall Breaker) #4

I have allowd unrestricted access but still when i click on web path it shows /assets/32323/as.jpg

What should i do

(Shane Weddell) #5

Just a guess but it sounds like you are working with image references in a design parse file? If you are then there is a way to reference them so that the link is generated the way you want. Check out the design manual for how you should do this.

(Nic Hubbard) #6

[quote]
Just a guess but it sounds like you are working with image references in a design parse file? If you are then there is a way to reference them so that the link is generated the way you want. Check out the design manual for how you should do this.

[/quote]

Or you can just tell how to do it. :slight_smile:

If you are linking these images in your design parse file, and you upload the images as associated files of the design, you can use the special page of:

mysource_files/

When you do that, Matrix will automatically expand the URL when the page is viewed.